Changing "Currency Fields" of Number Fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having a problem to which I cannot find any solution. My application is in VB 2005 and I am having a problem changing the currency symbol on the Crystal Reports number fields. I want to do that from code but I cannot find a way to do it at all. Please help.
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:11 AM

Answers

• Delete the number field in your report (but not the database expert! or else you cannot reference it), then, drag and drop the formula field to your report.

Sean
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 5:53 PM

All replies

• Crystal Report uses default culture and locale information from system to generate culture related format. If you want to skip it, don't use you number fields. Instead, generate a Formula Field, like the following:
    "¥" + ToText(<NumberFieldName>, 2)

Sean Zhu

• Proposed as answer by Sean Zhu Thursday, October 16, 2008 4:53 PM
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 4:53 PM
  • Hi,

Yeah that's a very good idea. Just to understand your post. You said I should not use the number field but your suggested formula is referencing a number field! Do you mean hide the original number field and reference it from within a formula field?

Thanks
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 5:37 PM
  • Delete the number field in your report (but not the database expert! or else you cannot reference it), then, drag and drop the formula field to your report.

Sean
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 5:53 PM