none
WCF-SAP receive adapter- combining multiple idoc's received into single file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a requirement where biztalk is receiving multiple individual idoc's from SAP using WCF-SAP adapter in biztalk and the same are processed as xml file's which are picked up by a job and uploaded in end system managed by some other team.

Now, the issue is we have a scenario where 100k or more idoc's are received from SAP biztalk is processing them immediately as and when received  from sap to END system however since there are more no of output xml files to upload the end system job is taking a lot of time delaying in processing.

so I am required to try and see if biztalk can put all of the individual files together into one single file and send across to end system for them to upload just this file rather than 100's of individual files. Could anyone suggest how i can implement this scenario? this is kind of Debatch/Batch scenario? Any help is much appreciated as this is a bit urgent requirement. Thank you in advance. 

Thursday, February 27, 2020 4:15 PM

Answers

• Usually the simplest approach is to just write the individual payloads to a SQL database, and have a stored procedure that BizTalk polls that does the batching for you.   

Other scenarios where you have a long running Orchestration where you do the batching are possible, but a lot more complicated and prone to failure.

• Marked as answer by Lathaa Friday, February 28, 2020 11:32 AM
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 10:08 PM

All replies

• Usually the simplest approach is to just write the individual payloads to a SQL database, and have a stored procedure that BizTalk polls that does the batching for you.   

Other scenarios where you have a long running Orchestration where you do the batching are possible, but a lot more complicated and prone to failure.

• Marked as answer by Lathaa Friday, February 28, 2020 11:32 AM
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 10:08 PM
  • Hi Colin,

thanks for your reply. Yes, i was thinking of the SQL load option where the bacth load can be directly loaded in DB  however wanted to also explore if there is any simple and better option of doing in biztalk too.  I am suggesting the SQL load option meanwhile would also try and see using orchestration batching . Thanks again. 

Friday, February 28, 2020 11:32 AM