Adding a Start Feedback process action gives Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

I am getting the following error in a SPD 2010 workflow when I try to add a Start Feedback process task to it.

Error Message-

Errors were found while compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run.

Advanced Message-

Unexpected error on server associating the workflow.

Upon clicking the Check for Errors menu button it returns the message - “This workflow contains no errors.”.

I only see this error while trying to add a feedback process and Approval process. Is there a limit to the number of Task processes a workflow can have? since I have many processes in my workflow.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 6:53 AM

Answers

• Hello skyW

The issue you're facing happens when you add to many collect data / approval / Feedback steps to a workflow, there is no hard set limit because it's all dependent on the hardware of the system. I do not have the hardware configuration of your servers however please ensure that this is not due to a resource crunch , may be you want to test the workflow in a server with enhanced hardware configuration to see if that helps.

I would also suggest reading: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2479788

Consider the following scenario:

You create a custom list in a SharePoint Server 2010 site.

You create a workflow for the custom list by using SharePoint Design 2010. The workflow contains at least eight approval task actions.

You try to publish the workflow.

In this scenario, the workflow cannot be published. Additionally, you receive the following error message:

Errors were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run.

Note The update introduces configuration options to manage this issue.

Thanks ,

Manas

• Marked as answer by skyW Monday, May 2, 2011 10:55 AM
    Monday, May 2, 2011 3:40 AM

All replies

• Hello skyW

The issue you're facing happens when you add to many collect data / approval / Feedback steps to a workflow, there is no hard set limit because it's all dependent on the hardware of the system. I do not have the hardware configuration of your servers however please ensure that this is not due to a resource crunch , may be you want to test the workflow in a server with enhanced hardware configuration to see if that helps.

I would also suggest reading: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2479788

Consider the following scenario:

You create a custom list in a SharePoint Server 2010 site.

You create a workflow for the custom list by using SharePoint Design 2010. The workflow contains at least eight approval task actions.

You try to publish the workflow.

In this scenario, the workflow cannot be published. Additionally, you receive the following error message:

Errors were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run.

Note The update introduces configuration options to manage this issue.

Thanks ,

Manas

• Marked as answer by skyW Monday, May 2, 2011 10:55 AM
    Monday, May 2, 2011 3:40 AM
  • That's it. Thanks!
    Monday, May 2, 2011 11:06 AM