Error install Windows phone 8 SDK RRS feed

• Question

• When i installing windows phone 8 sdk, error below:

"Setup failed!

Install cannot continue because some required components failed

Please.......

Red X: windows software development Kit Tools for windows Store

A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.

Yellow !: Microsoft Visual studio 2012 Shell (minimum) interop Assem User cancelled installation

"

I checked my pc time and bios time, it's ok. And tried 3 times reinstall but nothing work.

My laptop with 8Gb ram, windows 8 pro.

Please help me. Thank you

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 11:29 AM

All replies

• I am having the exact same problem, Visual Studio 2012 express installs fine and obtained the license for windows store app development but totally unable to install the Windows Phone 8 SDK with the same error messages as the OP. I've renewed my license for windows store and even uninstalled visual studio but that didn't help either. 

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 12:03 PM
  • Hello All,

Even I have the same problem.

We were able to successfully work till yesterday. This started occurring only since today.

Kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

• Proposed as answer by Chincha Tuesday, October 8, 2013 3:06 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Chincha Tuesday, October 8, 2013 3:06 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 1:50 PM
  • Same happening with me since yesterday. Don't know whats the problem :/

Someone please help!!!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:36 PM
  • I just tried installing the SDK by changing the system date to Oct 01, 2013 and found that it started working.

You can use this technique if you need this immediately up and running but not suggested.

• Proposed as answer by Chincha Tuesday, October 8, 2013 3:08 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 3:07 PM
  • I found how to fix,

When you start installation, you see the certification of application. It'll show the date valid from xxx to xxx

You change the date of system to the date valid from.

It's ok. 

Nguyen Linh

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 3:42 PM
  • Could you please explain as to where you found the certification of application. I am unable to find it. Its a bit urgent! Thank you. Waiting for your reply.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 3:38 AM
  • You click on "Show information about this publisher's certificate"

See the image below:

Nguyen Linh

• Edited by nglinh Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:33 AM
  • I can't change the system date because the edit properties button is unable to clicked. Please tell me how to change it..
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:16 AM
  • Hi,

The following KB article explains the work-around (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2897627). You can use the same till the issue is fixed.

Thanks,

Satish

Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:02 PM
  • Follow this steps, please go to time and date settings. Click on the time date, then you can see this box. In the box please select Change date and time. You must select a date before 1st October to fixed this error for example 9/20/2013. When you have done Press Apply then OK .Then try to install Visual Studio. Let me know if you faced any other difficulties. 

• Edited by htmansur Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:29 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:21 PM
  • This is a great fix! Working for me too.
    Monday, October 28, 2013 5:06 AM
  • thnx....its gonna be work..

Monday, October 28, 2013 9:09 PM
  • To work around this problem, follow these steps: Uninstall the partial installation of Windows Phone SDK 8.0. Take one of the following actions: If you are trying to install the Windows Phone SDK 8.0 by using the installation DVD, you should run the Win8SharedSDKTools.msi file from the following folder on the DVD:

Root_of_DVD\Packages\Windows_SDK If you are trying to install the Windows Phone SDK 8.0 by using the web download, you should download the following four files from the Microsoft Download Center, save the files to a download folder, and then run the Win8SharedSDKTools.msi file from the download folder.

The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

DownloadDownload the Win8SharedSDKTools.msi package now.

DownloadDownload the Windows_SDK/69661e20556b3ca9456b946c2c881ddd.cab package now.

DownloadDownload the Windows_SDK/e072b3b3d3164e26b63338dce51862a7.cab package now.

DownloadDownload the Windows_SDK/e3d1b35aecfccda1b4af6fe5988ac4be.cab package now.

Saturday, November 9, 2013 5:58 AM
  • hey I changed the system date

it works fine

thans

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:28 PM