Problem with getting Developers Certificate for windows 8 app development

Question

• Hi,

When i open the VS2012 for app development then it is asking me to get the developers certificate. Once i click on the OK button then it process the request for some time and shows the message that unable to download the certificate. Our severs are unavailable. I am getting this error for last 4 days now. I have installed Windows 8 and i am not even getting the message box to enter my windows live id.

Any help in the matter will be appreciated.

Regards,

Shoumik

• Moved by Jesse Jiang Monday, December 24, 2012 11:15 AM (From:Building Windows Store apps with C# or VB )
    Friday, December 21, 2012 12:40 PM

Answers

• First, try to use different network to get the license, then could check if that is a network issue.

Second, check your system, please turn on Firewall, and modify your system time and time zone to the correct one. Try agian.

Third, try to use commnd "Unregister-WindowsDeveloperLicense" in powershell to unregister the license, and then get it again via "Get-WindowsDeveloperLicense" Reference to http://msdn.microsoft.com/zh-cn/library/windows/apps/hh974578.aspx

If all steps cannot work, please let me what is your system version, and please list your system information in details.

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Friday, January 4, 2013 4:46 AM
    Monday, December 24, 2012 11:16 AM