Service - Application Web Role RRS feed

• Question

• I have hosted my website in microsoft azure web role. My website works like application and service. Each time user approaches the site, request goes to the service, finishes its database related queries and return backs to application part. Since it has two ways, i have used web roles for both application and service.

1. If the number of users reaches maximum, an instance is created in web role, what would happen to my service side since it involves database related things.

2. Everytime when the instance is created, would database be created along with that?

3. In my case, i would like to see everytime instance is created, no duplicate database should be created. Is it possible? If its possible, do deadlock occurs in that case? 

4. Is it possible to host a application and service both in same web role. If so, i would like to see only database should be created each instance is created. 

Please provide a clear solution. 

• Moved by David Ebbo Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:30 PM Not WebApp related, moving to Cloud Service
    • Edited by dineshbabuselvaraj Friday, May 29, 2015 4:30 AM
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 1:16 PM

Answers