Remote upload into sharepoint 2013 document library (cloud based) RRS feed

• Question

• We have a sharepoint 2013 in the cloud.

Is it possible to have some kind of service (windows or web based) that can access a document library on said cloud server and put files into said document library?

I don't think we have a lot of behind the scenes access to the cloud instance of 2013.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:58 PM

Answers

• if you having SharePoint on cloud then you have to login, try by saving user credentials in windows credential manager.

But if you are using SharePoint online (office 365) then make sure that you click to select the Keep me signed in check box.

Adnan Amin MCT, SharePoint Architect | If you find this post useful kindly please mark it as an answer.

• Marked as answer by Dennis Guo Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:42 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:55 PM

All replies

• you can open document library in explorer view on your computer and can directly copy files to it.

Note: You need to use Internet Explorer to use explorer view.

Check below links for reference if you are getting any difficulty or issue in that.SharePoint - Using Explorer View or Mapped Network Drives

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2629108/en-gb

Adnan Amin MCT, SharePoint Architect | If you find this post useful kindly please mark it as an answer.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:09 PM
  • I figured out how to map drives but there is no automated way to make the server get the share because you have to log into sharepoint via the browser first, which, not really going to work.
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 6:45 PM
  • if you having SharePoint on cloud then you have to login, try by saving user credentials in windows credential manager.

But if you are using SharePoint online (office 365) then make sure that you click to select the Keep me signed in check box.

• Marked as answer by Dennis Guo Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:42 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:55 PM