none
Can't Find Picture Box Placed On Form RRS feed

• Question

• [VB 2017]

Hi All:

I placed a picture box on my form, and then I couldn't find it (after some sort of glitch). I went to add another one with the same name, but it said that one already existed. Where did it go?

I could just name a new picture box something else, but I don't want to leave any unused stuff laying around. Any way to find this picture box?

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 5:32 PM

Answers

• Go to Properties panel or press <F4>. There is a combobox, where you can find your controls. The picture box will become selected in the form. Or you can fix the Location property if the picture box is outside the form.

• Marked as answer by ChrisB4024 Tuesday, March 12, 2019 6:11 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 5:55 PM

All replies

• Go to Properties panel or press <F4>. There is a combobox, where you can find your controls. The picture box will become selected in the form. Or you can fix the Location property if the picture box is outside the form.

• Marked as answer by ChrisB4024 Tuesday, March 12, 2019 6:11 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 5:55 PM
  • In the solutions explorer view all files

Expand the form node and you should see FormName.Designer.vb

In the InitializeComponent sub you should see where the control is initialized .

Change the location and size to something visible on the form.

Close the designer.

Search Documentation

SerialPort Info

Multics - An OS ahead of its time.

 "Those who use Application.DoEvents have no idea what it does

    and those who know what it does never use it."    former MSDN User JohnWein

• Edited by dbasnett Tuesday, March 12, 2019 6:01 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 6:00 PM

YES!

Search Documentation

SerialPort Info

Multics - An OS ahead of its time.

 "Those who use Application.DoEvents have no idea what it does

    and those who know what it does never use it."    former MSDN User JohnWein

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 6:12 PM
  • Yes, that worked! I had the location parameter too far off the screen. I changed it to [14,14], and there it was.

Thanks for helping a true NOOB!

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 6:12 PM