Two problems: One is Lightswitch Html5 VS2013 deployment in IIS and Date picker control culture RRS feed

• Question

• We are using HTML5 lightswitch and we have requirement to display date picker control in year month date format. What we observe we can display date in read only format using any culture value but date picker does not support /respect culture format.This is one of the area where we need help.

We tried deploying Lightswitch using web installer using publish wizard we faced problem with database username /password

while we having database in remote server with windows authentication. We were looking is there any traditional approach where we can deploy lightswitch client.

Please help.

Friday, February 7, 2014 12:29 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the reference. I m through with this issue and I got something new now. This is error I got. But I have my own schema/db already present remotely which I very well mentioned in the connection string as suggested for windows integrated mode. Please help.

Could not find
    stored procedure ‘dbo.aspnet CheckSchema Version’.

Destription: An
    unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request.
    Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where

originated in the
    code.

Exception Details:
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure
    dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Santosh,

In order to use Windows Auth to your database, you'll need to set your web application app pool to impersonate See: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bethmassi/archive/2011/03/23/deployment-guide-how-to-configure-a-web-server-to-host-lightswitch-applications.aspx

And read the section on Configuring Application Pools & Security Considerations

HTH,

-Beth

Senior Program Manager, Visual Studio Community http://www.bethmassi.com http://msdn.com/lightswitch http://dev.office.com

Friday, February 7, 2014 6:05 PM
  • Thanks for the reference. I m through with this issue and I got something new now. This is error I got. But I have my own schema/db already present remotely which I very well mentioned in the connection string as suggested for windows integrated mode. Please help.

Could not find
    stored procedure ‘dbo.aspnet CheckSchema Version’.

Destription: An
    unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request.
    Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where

originated in the
    code.

Exception Details:
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure
    dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:40 AM
  • I now successfully deployed the lightswitch 2013 html5 application to IIS using web deploy publish.

Few things to add-

When I started I selected the asp.net membership provider which is actually provided as a wizard inside the solution. Doing this when I publish this it tries to add few configuration tags of asp.net membership provider with connectionstring -to database. Hence it threw Error dbo.aspnet CheckSchema Version’ . This tried to create base tables of asp.net membership provider. As a work around I disabled the Asp.net membership provider in web.config rather than wizard itself. If I tried to disable through wizard it makes authentication =None in web.config file. One more thing to add I even removed connectionstring attribute which was there in aps.net membership providers tag which was creating whole lot of problem.

After doing this publish to IIS worked successfully. Thanks for the blog reference. Is just that there are lot of information lying and hence it become difficult to nail down specific issue. Again it was my ignorance to take short cut. :)

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:58 PM
  • Solution-

<

membershipdefaultProvider="AspNetMembershipProvider">

<

providers>

<

clear/>

<

addname="AspNetMembershipProvider"type="Microsoft.LightSwitch.Security.ServerGenerated.Implementation.WindowsUserMembershipProvider, Microsoft.LightSwitch.Server, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"  applicationName="Systembolaget.Web.Admin"/>

</

providers>

</

membership>

<

roleManagerenabled="False"defaultProvider="AspNetRoleProvider">

<

providers>

<

clear/>

<

addname="AspNetRoleProvider"type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider"  applicationName="Systembolaget.Web.Admin"/>

</

providers>

</

roleManager>

<

profileenabled="False"defaultProvider="AspNetProfileProvider">

<

providers>

<

clear/>

<

addname="AspNetProfileProvider"type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider"applicationName="Systembolaget.Web.Admin"/>

</

providers>

<

properties>

<

addname="FullName"/>

</

properties>

</

profile>

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1:01 PM