none
Unable to start the agent process. Failed to connect to an IPC Port: Access is denied. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My controller and Agents are configured well and they are communicating well. The issue is, when test agent process is stopped, I am trying to start it via Powershell from another machine. I am able to start the QTAgentProcessUI.exe. But, this one internally trying to start QTAgentProcess.exe, there it is failing to establish a connection to Controller and giving "Unable to start the agent process. Failed to connect to an IPC Port: Access is denied." error. When i look in to the event viewer logs, it is showing the 

(QTDCAgent32.exe, PID 3780, Thread 1) DataCollectionAgentProcess: Failed to get agent process proxy: System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: Access is denied.

Note:- If i manually started the agent, it is working fine and it is able to connect to the controller.

Moreover if i run the powershell script directly on agent macine, it is starting the agent machine and it is coming "Online"

sekhar

• Edited by RAVISANGAM Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:33 AM More details added
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:31 AM

All replies

• Hi RAVISANGAM,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, we recommend you could try to run your powershell script as administator, and make sure "another machine " user is in "agent machine " admin group, and you could also try to close firewall and anti-virus software on "another machine", then check if it could work.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 26, 2019 10:14 AM
  • Hi,

I tried what you suggested. Still no success.

sekhar

Monday, September 30, 2019 4:23 AM
  • Hi RAVISANGAM,

Sorry for delay in reply.

Since the agent needs computer account verification, and you run agent using script which is from another machine, the agent should use "another machine" account. Not sure if the account could access controller machine, please try to verify it in controller machine.

Type "another machine" account and password, then test it to check if it could be verified.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, October 3, 2019 2:11 AM