none
Date No Longer Supported RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am aware that in January, 2021 Bing Maps will no longer be offered through Azure.  Is there a date that Bing Maps will no longer be supported by Microsoft?

Thank you in advance.

Krystal

Friday, November 13, 2020 2:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• There are no plans to discontinue support of the Bing Maps platform. The change that is currently occurring is that the licensing option available through the Azure Marketplace is being removed. 

UPDATE: Please see this link for the details and guidance for the Azure Marketplace shutdown. Bing Maps on Azure Marketplace - Bing Maps | Microsoft Docs
    Friday, November 13, 2020 4:39 PM
  • We have the same issue / problem.  The page referenced just gives some general information, and we are VERY concerned that we will not have enough time to arrange our new billing method and Bing Map keys in advance of the "cutoff" date.  What can I do to ensure that I can get assistance?  This is very short notice for us, and I'm sure many other customers of Bing Maps for Enterprise via Azure Marketplace.

We are not interested in using Azure Maps at this time.  We simply want to keep our existing web app running.

Thank you.

TJ

Monday, November 16, 2020 5:30 AM
  • Hi TJ,

We are definitely here to help and it is a pretty simple process to create an account at Bing Maps Dev Center - Bing Maps Dev Center (bingmapsportal.com).  Once you create a key or keys there you will replace the keys you have from Azure Marketplace with the new key/keys.  This account comes with 125k free transactions per year. However, should you need more you can reach out to Bing Maps Licensing for assistance, as noted at the link above, 

• To contact the Bing Maps for Enterprise licensing team please go to this page or contact us at maplic@microsoft.com for customers in the Americas and mapemea@microsoft.com for all other regions

They will assist you in getting you moved to an Enterprise Agreement.  

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 5:53 AM
    Owner