Script for automated categorization in a shared mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a shared mailbox and every person who has access has a category. Every mail received has to be read within three hours of inbox arrival. For this I have created a Field that counts down from 180 to 0.

I would like to know if it's possible to make an automated categorization of emails, 30 minutes after email arriving, to the category that has the newest email with the fewest time remaining on the countdown.

e.g. John - blue - 3 emails in category 60, 110, 130 minutes left

Jack - red - 2 emails in category 50, 100 minutes left

George - green - 3 emails in category 10, 40, 145 minutes left

Next email 60 minutes after should go into Jack category, then John, then George.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:12 AM

Answers

• if you are asking if there is any built-in functionality that could achieve this? i do not think so. However you can build one like this yourself.
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:35 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

As mentioned by DamianD, Outlook does not have built-in fuctionality to accomplish your task and we don't deliever workable solution/code/script via forum.

If you want to begin coding for Outlook, the below websites might be useful to you.
    Outlook for developers
    OutlookCode.com

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Jeffrey_Chen_ Saturday, August 3, 2013 3:22 AM
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 8:25 AM

All replies

• if you are asking if there is any built-in functionality that could achieve this? i do not think so. However you can build one like this yourself.
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:35 PM
  • Unfortunately, i am not familiar at all with VBScript or VBA.
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:37 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

As mentioned by DamianD, Outlook does not have built-in fuctionality to accomplish your task and we don't deliever workable solution/code/script via forum.

If you want to begin coding for Outlook, the below websites might be useful to you.
    Outlook for developers
    OutlookCode.com

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Jeffrey_Chen_ Saturday, August 3, 2013 3:22 AM
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 8:25 AM