Need information about Account for Windows Store? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The accounts for Google Play and App Store are managed for each country.

And the user can download the application only from Google Play or App Store of the country where the user registered the account.

That is, the user cannot download the application from other countries.

e.g. If the user register the account at App Store in Japan, the user can download the application (Japanese version) from App Store in Japan.

But the user cannot download the application (English version) from App Store in America.

Regarding the Microsoft Account for Windows Store, please advise the below points.

1. Microsoft Account for Windows Store will be managed for each country?

2. Are there the limitations like the download of Google Play or App Store?

Ashok

Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:17 AM

Answers

• Hello Ashok,

It is not only the region that determines what is available for download in your version of the Store. If you go to the Store open the Charms bar and then go to Settings > Preferences > turn off the filter for apps in your preferred languages. This will allow you to view all apps submitted to your region, regardless of language. I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Jesse

Friday, February 15, 2013 3:17 PM

All replies

• Yes, they are managed by country, but only from a visibility in store (and internationalization perspective).

Not sure if there is a 'hard' limitation because I can change my Computer's region to any other country and then get the app from that region. Unless there is region locking built in like Netflix/Hulu/XBox Music etc. download I believe is not restricted.

So I guess that only answers 1/2 your question.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:05 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the information. Please confirm the below point:

Can we download French version of app by changing computer’s region settings to French?

Ashok

Friday, February 15, 2013 11:13 AM
  • Hello Ashok,

It is not only the region that determines what is available for download in your version of the Store. If you go to the Store open the Charms bar and then go to Settings > Preferences > turn off the filter for apps in your preferred languages. This will allow you to view all apps submitted to your region, regardless of language. I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Jesse

Friday, February 15, 2013 3:17 PM
  • Hello Jesse,

When a user, who lives in Japan and has his Microsoft Account whose Country/Region is set to Japan, wants to download an app that is not available in Japan (e.g. available only in the US), what should he do?
    - Change Country/Region in his Microsoft Account?
    - Change Region setting in his PC that he logs in using his Microsoft Account?
    - Change Language setting in his PC that he logs in using his Microsoft Account?
    - Change "turn off the filter for apps in your preferred languages" in Windows Store settings?
    - Are there any other settings to change?
    - Is either of, some of, or all of the above required?

Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:51 AM