How to integrate JQuery with Custom Controls? RRS feed

• Question

• User-809438689 posted

Dear All,

I am planning to extend asp.net server controls with most popular client side framework JQuery. There are couple of points which I need to confirm regarding the way jquery framework should be integrated in the custom control class library.

1) One option is to add JQuery & required plug-Ins as an embedded resource to the custom control class library but at the same time there are great chances of conflict if project, in which custom controls are used, add the reference of the same or latest version of Jquery/Plug-Ins. Another down side might be if more than two such controls are used then they would confilct each other.    

2) Second option is to ask the developers to add reference of jquery & required Plug-Ins in the project if they wish to use the custom controls.

3) Developing ajax like Script Manager which would register required Jquery & plugin script to the page.

Let me know your valuable thoughts on which option I should opt for or any other way I could achieve this. Correct me if I am wrong at any place.

Thanks in advance.

-Raxit

Monday, April 20, 2009 2:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• User-837620913 posted

There's not much out there.  You can read some of Rick Strahl's thoughts on this problem here:

http://www.west-wind.com/WebLog/posts/167052.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 20, 2009 8:58 AM
  • User-809438689 posted

Hi Darrell,

Thanks for your time. I will surely go through Rick Strahl's blog. 

I will update the thread if I find something useful. Thanks for the link. [:)]

-Raxit

Monday, April 20, 2009 9:07 AM