none
Install Exchange in Remote Site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've a main office with Windows 2012 SBS Domain with 18 client. In this office there is ADLS 20 Mb/s down ; 1Mb/s Up with only 96kbps MCR. Mail is currently managed by third parties (IMAP)

We plan to install a Windows Standard 2012 Server with Exchange 2013. 

We have another office, in another location with 100Mb/s connection. Is possibile to install this second Windows Standard 2012 Server with Exchange 2013, in this location and then integrate it with primary DC ? The primary motivation is just the bandwidth. There will be users who will use the mailboxes outside the main office whit latop,  or through exchange active-sync.

Do I need to implement a VPN ?
    Do I need to join the second Windows Server with Exchange to  Domain in the main office ?

Thanks in Advance

Marco

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 11:51 AM

Answers

• Sure it would work. bandwidth would be a bit of a concern but yes. 

VPN? well, you need some sort of connectivity to the offices. Yes the domain controllers in the other offices need to be joined to your domain and configured as 'sites' using sites/subnets (and they need subnets associated or exchange will scream). 

• Marked as answer by Wicahpi Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:38 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 12:54 PM

All replies

• Sure it would work. bandwidth would be a bit of a concern but yes. 

VPN? well, you need some sort of connectivity to the offices. Yes the domain controllers in the other offices need to be joined to your domain and configured as 'sites' using sites/subnets (and they need subnets associated or exchange will scream). 

• Marked as answer by Wicahpi Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:38 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 12:54 PM
  • >Sure it would work. bandwidth would be a bit of a concern but yes. 

How many exchange would be data between the two servers (not counting the mailboxes, address books, etc. ..)?

How much data exchange would be between the two servers (not counting the mailboxes, address books) ? 

not considering the data to synchronize the mailbox after the join domain data exchange dovbrebbe be minimal or am I wrong?

p.s.

Thanks for your answer :)

Marco

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:43 PM