none
Can not repare or uninstall Visual Studio Enterprise 2017

Question

• Hello everyone,

I have a problem with reparing or uninstalling VS Enterprise 2017. When I try to uninstall, it gives me the error:

[0880:0007][2019-05-15T15:17:22] Error 0x80131500: No se encuentra el paquete dependiente de "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Product.Enterprise,version=15.9.28307.665": Component.BAB64743-DA65-4501-B3A3-A73171C73D77,version=4.3.2.
       en Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Dependencies.DependencyManager.FindDependentPackages(Dependency dependency, DependencyComparer comparer, Dictionary`2 packageIndex, IPackage holder)
       en Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Dependencies.DependencyManager.BuildGraphRecursive(IPackage graphRoot, DependencyNode node, DependencyComparer comparer, Dictionary`2 packageIndex, Dictionary`2 nodeIndex, Boolean splitNodes)
       en Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Dependencies.DependencyManager.BuildGraphCore(IPackage root, IEnumerable`1 packages, DependencyComparer comparer, Dictionary`2 packageIndex, Dictionary`2 nodeIndex, Boolean splitNodes, DependencyCollection deprecated)
       en Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Dependencies.DependencyManager.BuildGraph(IPackage root, IEnumerable`1 packages, Boolean isUpdate, IDependencyComparisonSeed seed, DependencyCollection deprecated)
       en Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.GetDependencyGraph(Product product)
       en Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.TryBuildDependencyGraph(Product product, Exception& error, Boolean overwrite, ITelemetryOperation telemetryOperation)
    [0880:0007][2019-05-15T15:17:24] Error 0x80004003: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
       en Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Cache.CacheRepository.GetPackage(IPackageIdentity identity)
       en Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.GetInstancePackages()
       en Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.CreateInstallOperation(Product product, String destination, ExecuteAction action, ITelemetryOperation telemetryOperation)
       en Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.Uninstall(CancellationToken token)

What can I do? 

• Edited by FelipeCaru Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:39 PM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:23 PM

Answers

• Hello FelipeCaru,

You can try to uninstall using below utility:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\layout\installcleanup.exe

If above approach didn't work then the only option is to go ahead with manual deletion of below stuff:

• C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Packages
    • %appdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0*
    • %appdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Packages
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0*
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0*

Regards, http://www.shwetalodha.blogspot.in/

• Edited by Shweta Jain (Lodha) Thursday, May 16, 2019 12:07 AM Added more information
    • Marked as answer by FelipeCaru Thursday, May 16, 2019 3:31 PM
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 12:04 AM
  • Hi FelipeCaru,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

please see the similar case I answered in our forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/2e398dfe-1d55-4593-8498-68e8d91f2560/cant-launch-or-repair-vs-2017?forum=vssetup

@ Shweta Jain (Lodha) and I have same suggestion about reinstall VS.

If any update after done above all, please feel free to let me know,

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 16, 2019 5:23 AM

All replies

• Hello FelipeCaru,

You can try to uninstall using below utility:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\layout\installcleanup.exe

If above approach didn't work then the only option is to go ahead with manual deletion of below stuff:

• C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Packages
    • %appdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0*
    • %appdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Packages
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0*
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0*

Regards, http://www.shwetalodha.blogspot.in/

• Edited by Shweta Jain (Lodha) Thursday, May 16, 2019 12:07 AM Added more information
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 12:04 AM
  • Hi FelipeCaru,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

please see the similar case I answered in our forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/2e398dfe-1d55-4593-8498-68e8d91f2560/cant-launch-or-repair-vs-2017?forum=vssetup

@ Shweta Jain (Lodha) and I have same suggestion about reinstall VS.

If any update after done above all, please feel free to let me know,

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 16, 2019 5:23 AM
  • Thank you both @May Luo and @Shweta Jain (Lodha), I managed to reinstall VS with your help.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 3:32 PM