none
The runtime has encountered a fatal error. The address of the error was at 0x70db226e, on thread 0x9eb0. The error code is 0xc0000005. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I don't know what is causing this error in my application. The error pops out when I trying to run a report. The weird thing is when I open another project (different project name and location) all reports runs just fine, the error its just happens in this particular project. This is the error:

Managed Debugging Assistant 'FatalExecutionEngineError' has detected a problem in 'E:\Users\jyuikeng\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\KORTICK-JobTicketsSQL\bin\Debug\JobTickets.vshost.exe'.
    Additional information: The runtime has encountered a fatal error. The address of the error was at 0x70db226e, on thread 0x9eb0. The error code is 0xc0000005. This error may be a bug in the CLR or in the unsafe or non-verifiable portions of user code. Common sources of this bug include user marshaling errors for COM-interop or PInvoke, which may corrupt the stack.

Below is my code.

Imports System.Data Imports System.Diagnostics Imports Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms Imports System.IO PublicClassForm2Dim params(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterDim params1(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterDim params2(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterDim params3(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterDim params4(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterDim params5(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterDim params6(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterDim params7(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterDim params8(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterDim params9(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterDim params10(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterDim params11(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterDim params12(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterDim params13(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterDim params14(0As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameterPrivateSub Form2_Load(sender AsObject, e AsEventArgsHandlesMyBase.Load         Me.JobTicketsDataSet.EnforceConstraints =False'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'JobTicketsDataSet.tmp_WipJobAllMat' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.         tmp_WipJobAllMatTableAdapter.Fill(JobTicketsDataSet.tmp_WipJobAllMat)         'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'JobTicketsDataSet.tmp_BomNarration' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.         tmp_BomNarrationTableAdapter.Fill(JobTicketsDataSet.tmp_BomNarration)         'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'JobTicketsDataSet.tmp_WipJobAllLabQ' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.         tmp_WipJobAllLabQTableAdapter.Fill(JobTicketsDataSet.tmp_WipJobAllLabQ)         'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'JobTicketsDataSet.tmp_WipJobAllLab' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.         tmp_WipJobAllLabTableAdapter.Fill(JobTicketsDataSet.tmp_WipJobAllLab)         'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'JobTicketsDataSet.JobTimeTrack' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.         JobTimeTrackTableAdapter.Fill(JobTicketsDataSet.JobTimeTrack)         cJobNum = frmPrintJobs.kTxtJobNum.Text         If NumForm =1Then             nQtyToMake = frmPrintJobs.KtxtQty.Text         Else'nQtyToMake = frmStartJobs.KtxtQty.TextEndIf'WipJobAllLabQBindingSource.Filter = ("MID(Job,8,8) = '" & cJobNum & "' ")         tmp_WipJobAllLabQBindingSource.Filter = ("Job = '"& cJobNum &"' ")         JobTimeTrackBindingSource.Filter = ("JobNumber = '"& cJobNum &"' ")         params(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("PartNumber", cJobStockCode)         params1(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("Description", cJobDescrip)         params2(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("JobNumber", cJobNum)         params3(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("Qty2Make", nQtyToMake)         params4(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("StartDate", cJobStart)         params5(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("ShipDate", cJobShipping)         params6(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("NarrationNumber", nAutoNarrCode)         params7(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("AKCodePart", AKCode)         params8(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("UnitMess", cUnitOM)         params9(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("QtyBackOrder", nBackOrder)         params10(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("EstimQty", nEstimQty)         params11(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("PackValues", cStrPack)         params12(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("PrintUser", cNameUser)         params13(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("QtyManufactured", nxQTYManuf)         params14(0=New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("QtyBalance", nOustandingQty)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params1)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params2)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params3)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params4)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params5)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params6)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params7)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params8)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params9)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params10)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params11)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params12)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params13)         Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params14)         Me.ReportViewer1.SetDisplayMode(Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.DisplayMode.PrintLayout)         Me.ReportViewer1.ShowZoomControl =FalseMe.ReportViewer1.ShowPrintButton =TrueMe.ReportViewer1.ZoomMode = Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ZoomMode.FullPage         Me.ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()         Me.ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()     EndSub

End class         

The error appears in the line:

Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params)

Any help it will be much appreciated

Thank you

Jorge

Thursday, February 21, 2019 6:13 PM

Answers

• HI Karen

Thank you very much for your response...

I just found was what causing the problem. Last week a download a .dll file named mb.dll

This file is a variation of msgbox (vb.net) that has all features but also you can change the fonts to display a better message. I downloaded becuase I just wanted to show my message in better shape to the end-user. if you can please double check the following links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljzAWsj8fjA

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j8s8gdsxaf5c4mm/mb.dll

The video in YouTube shows VB.NET 2010, maybe for that version worked good, but since I'm using VB>NET 2015 is where I get this problem, and since is an external file (no part of VS) it hasn't enough support. 

Honestly I didn't expect that .dll file would crash all my reports, and I though it was some else like a bug in my project, or the VB itself, I got this problem for so many days and it was driving me crazy.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Jorge

• Marked as answer by jytorres Thursday, February 21, 2019 8:08 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2019 7:55 PM
  • Good to hear you have a resolution :-)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Thursday, February 21, 2019 7:59 PM

All replies

• Place a breakpoint on the following line. Step through code examining values and variable looking for malformed data or objects that are not properly populated etc.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Thursday, February 21, 2019 6:26 PM
  • HI Karen

Thank you very much for your response...

I just found was what causing the problem. Last week a download a .dll file named mb.dll

This file is a variation of msgbox (vb.net) that has all features but also you can change the fonts to display a better message. I downloaded becuase I just wanted to show my message in better shape to the end-user. if you can please double check the following links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljzAWsj8fjA

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j8s8gdsxaf5c4mm/mb.dll

The video in YouTube shows VB.NET 2010, maybe for that version worked good, but since I'm using VB>NET 2015 is where I get this problem, and since is an external file (no part of VS) it hasn't enough support. 

Honestly I didn't expect that .dll file would crash all my reports, and I though it was some else like a bug in my project, or the VB itself, I got this problem for so many days and it was driving me crazy.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Jorge

Thursday, February 21, 2019 7:55 PM
  • Good to hear you have a resolution :-)

VB Forums - moderator

Thursday, February 21, 2019 7:59 PM