none
SOAP vs REST implementation RRS feed

• General discussion

• We would like to know whether Office365 is going to support both the APIs(SOAP and REST based) in future as well? Also let us know if enhancements in future will be added to both the APIs(SOAP and REST)?
    Friday, October 17, 2014 6:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, Office 365 APIs Preview extend the development platform introduced in Office 2013. Most significantly, the new APIs provide the ability for both websites and native applications to consume Office 365 data. These APIs use REST/OData for data transport and OAuth for authentications and authorization.

But the features and APIs are in preview and are subject to change. Microsoft do not recommend us to use them in production currently.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 20, 2014 2:35 AM
  • Thanks for you reply.

I have recently noticed that there is some change in REST API reference and preview word has been removed from it. Can you please let me know if the APIs have become stable and recommeded to be used instead of SOAP APIs.

Regards,

BrajMohan

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 5:04 AM