none
VS2010 + Office2007 + Windows7 x64 RRS feed

• Question

• p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'; color: #333233; min-height: 15.0px} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 12.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Verdana}

Hi

I am tired chasing a problem - spent a whole frustrating day on it - I thought maybe someone can help me.

I have Office 2007 Professional English SP2, Visual Studio 2010 Professional English SP1 on a Windows 7 Professional English x64 SP1.

I wanted to create Excel 2007 Worksheet project in VS2010 it just says: The project cannot be created.

I was searching the net and here some but did not find answers, I mean answers that were relevant and helped me.

I tried uninstallations/installations, repairs in many combinations and order but no help.

According to documentations and in fact the Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64) gets installed with the VS just fine and the Visual Studio Tools for Office Design-Time Adaptor for Excel is in the active section among excel add-ins.

Just to be on the safe side (cos it should been coming with installations) after still having problems after repair/reinstallations of the VS and Office I manually installed the Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies too, no luck. I even got the standalone Visual Studio 2010 Office Tools for Office Runtime installation for Office 2007 and installed over the one came with the VS, still no luck. (64 bit of VSTO because the 32 bit refuses installation on 64 bit Windows 7)

Both VS and Office works fine, but they seemingly cannot communicate.

Anyone have more tips that reinstallations/installations/repairs of VS, Office, PIA and VSTO? Is there some diagnostic tool perhaps that can help figuring out where the problem lies exactly?

One possible candidate for the problem: I had a Swedish office installed before the english one. It did not get activated and was uninstalled before installing and activating the Office 2007 English system. If this is the problem I wonder what are the steps for a fix (apart from restarting everything from the absolute beginning, I am in no position of reinstalling and reconfiguring a clean system or restart my life just to solve this tiny thing, I have actual work waiting for me).

Or could be the fact of having 32bit VS, 32bit Office but 64bit VSTO has something to do with this? Shouldn't be there a 64bit PIA somewhere out there probably?

Quick helps are appreciated.

btw.: things were working like a charm in XP with VS2008 and Office 2007

Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:22 PM

All replies

• Hi racztomi,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

As far as I known that Office 2007 suit only have 32-bit module. Would you please install VSTO 4.0 (x86) Runtime and let me know the result of this issue.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, September 26, 2011 2:51 AM
  • Hi!

Thank you for your reply.

However as I stated above it is not possible to install the x86 version (vstor40_x86.exe), because it refuses the installation. See the picture. So I have to install vstor40_x64.exe, which btw installs just fine.

racztomi

• Edited by racztomi Monday, October 3, 2011 7:40 PM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 7:39 PM
  • Hi racztomi,

Do you install Office 2007 on your target machine?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 9:15 AM
  • What on earth do you mean by that?!

Did you read my original post? Second line. I quote myself: "I have Office 2007 Professional English SP2, Visual Studio 2010 Professional English SP1 on a Windows 7 Professional English x64 SP1." Sure I have Office 2007 installed.

Could you please be more specific?

Thanks in advance.

racztomi

• Edited by racztomi Friday, October 7, 2011 9:44 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 9:44 AM
  • Anyone else having some tips?

I really wish to leave the XP behind, but while this thing is not working I have to keep it.
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:45 AM
  • Does anyone know where this problem should officially be reported?

I upgraded Office to SP3, uninstalled PIO and VSTO, then reinstalled again, still don't work. Simply cannot make it function by some reason while on XP it was fine.

racztomi
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 1:11 PM