none
WCF netMSMQ Adapter error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using the WCF net MSMQ adapter to send messages from BizTalk to WCF that uses the netMSMQ binding. Sometimes I get the following error due to which the message is not delivered to WCF. Can you please let me know what is the cause and if there is any resolution for the error? I am using BizTalkServer 2006R2

System.Transactions.TransactionAbortedException: The transaction has aborted.
       at System.Transactions.TransactionStatePromotedAborted.PromotedTransactionOutcome(InternalTransaction tx)
       at System.Transactions.TransactionStatePromotedEnded.EndCommit(InternalTransaction tx)
       at System.Transactions.CommittableTransaction.Commit()
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.TxnBatch2.EndBatchComplete()
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.TransmitTxnBatch.EndBatchComplete()

Thanks and Regards

Rachana

Monday, January 26, 2009 7:33 PM

All replies

• Are you exposing a BizTalk orchestration as a WCF service or calling a separate WCF service? Also, are you using a transactional message queue?

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:19 AM
  • We are  using an external WCF service and sending messages to the WCF service via netMSMQ binding. We are using transactional queues. Also one more question is on the WCF service side, the exactlyOnce and durable property is set to true. But sometimes duplicate messages seem to be going to WCF. The MSMQ and WCF are on the same machine.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:50 PM
  • I think this error can occur occasionally when the WCF service throws an exception which breaks the transaction. There are probably other reasons the transaction could get aborted as well, such as if the transaction cannot flow across servers due to MSDTC not being configured on all servers, etc.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Proposed as answer by edhickey Monday, February 16, 2009 11:44 PM
    Friday, January 30, 2009 11:09 PM