I have a questing about save and loading a file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I wanted to ask if this is passable to do in visual basic and how would I do it.

Ok so I want to have a basic text editor in my visual basic project, I want the text edited to be able to save a file with in my project, and when it saves a file within my project, I want to be able to open it back in the text editor. And when it saves the file in my project i want it to save the file as a icon In my project. I made the text editor, I just dont know how the code works to save within my project and open the the file, because right now it opens the windows save but it dose not save in my project only to windows. I hop this makes sents. Thank you for reading my post. :)

Saturday, June 13, 2020 8:18 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Can you break down the following statement because "as is" I don't understand the goal.

I want the text edited to be able to save a file with in my project, and when it saves a file within my project

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Saturday, June 13, 2020 10:46 PM
  • Hi thanks for the post :)

What I mean is I have a text editor in my program that i'm making, so when you type what ever you want in the text editor and then go to file and save it, But what I want is instead of windows save file dialog, I want the text file I just made to save it as a icon in a fake folder in my program and when I open the save file it opens the text editor. Kind of like this video where he types anything in the text editor and it saves to a folder in his program and he can opens it with the text editor. He made a windows shell desktop, but all I want to do is save a file and then open it all in my own program with out using the windows save dialog or open dialog. I hop that makes sents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nZss-4c8OE

Saturday, June 13, 2020 11:09 PM
  • Hi

You will really have to explain thing better than you have so far.

What does 'save it as a icon in a fake folder in my program ' mean?

What is the User typing text into- a RichTextBox, a multiline TextBox?

What is a 'fake folder'?

Are you saying you want to create an Icon from text? Does not make any sense.

You say 'I hop that makes sents', well, it really does not.

BTW: you need to post your code that you have so far.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

• Edited by leshay Saturday, June 13, 2020 11:50 PM
    Saturday, June 13, 2020 11:50 PM