unable to open files in expression blend 4 RRS feed

• Question

• I created a blend file in the trial version, now that I bought the complete expression blend ultimate 4 I am unable to open the existing files. I don't get a failure message, blend is shutting down. I tried to repair/reinstall the complete expression ultimate 4 but still it doesn't work. It says "setup failed to install microsoft expression studio 4 ultimate". any suggestions???
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12:16 PM

All replies

• Can you create new projects? The files from the trial should be identical to ones from the full version. I suspect your installation failed like the error message says.
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 3:49 PM
  • Yes, I can create new files.
    I only cannot open existing files.

I uninstalled the full package and reinstalled it. It doesn't show an error message during installation.

When I start Blend and I try to open the file again, Blend crashes again.
    When I try to repair it, I get the error message.

I now downloaded the trial version and installed it on another computer. This computer shuts down during installation and after restart it says it was recoverd from a serious error.
    That's why I only installed Blend on that computer, not the full package. The program is not in the list of Program Files, but when I go there and start it, I can also open the files I cannot with the official version.

By the way I am running Vista 64 bit on the computer that has problems opening the files. (The trial version pc has XP 32 bit.)
    The message I get from Windows when Blend shuts down is: "Blend is not working anymore."

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 4:59 PM