Windows Developer Preview refuses to start every other time

Question

• When I shut down my pc and eventually restart, the PC loads to the black screen with "Windows Developer Preview" written on it and nothing happens.

If I manually turn off the computer and then start it again, I get to the same spot and then the little spinning dots animation starts and windows loads completely.

I'm having no other serious issues with the installation and in fact it is working marvelously asides from this rather annoying blip.

Any insight to what may be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:43 PM

Answers

• Hey Downside-up,

Try checking to see if a more recent version of your motherboard's BIOS is available from your computer/motherboard provider's website. Instructions for how to update your motherboard's BIOS should be available in your computer's user manual or on your computer/motherboard provider's website.

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS/UEFI settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If you haven't already used the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect site to submit your feedback, you can do so by following the information provided below:

If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Steven
    Monday, October 17, 2011 6:50 PM

All replies

• it's an early version of this product, you might want to report this using feedback tool.
    It happens to me sometimes, but not frequently. Make sure you turn it off alright.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:16 PM
  • Hey Downside-up,

Try checking to see if a more recent version of your motherboard's BIOS is available from your computer/motherboard provider's website. Instructions for how to update your motherboard's BIOS should be available in your computer's user manual or on your computer/motherboard provider's website.

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS/UEFI settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If you haven't already used the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect site to submit your feedback, you can do so by following the information provided below:

If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Steven
    Monday, October 17, 2011 6:50 PM