none
Configuring AS2 on server cluster RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have 2 servers in cluster (server A1 with IP address IP1, A2 with address IP2, and cluster IP is IP3). Is it possible to configure receiveng AS2 messages in situation where some vendor, who is sending AS2 message to BT, is shooting on address IP3 (cluster IP)? I have installed BT on both servers A1 and A2, and I have configured BizTalk EDI/AS2 Runtime also on both servers. I'm confused because on server A1 in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010\SDK I can see folders like AS2 Tutorial, EDI Interface Developer tutorial etc., but on A2 I cannot (only folder Utilities). Also, server A2 is joined to A1 group.

Thanks in advance,

Tomislav

Friday, February 21, 2014 12:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Tomislav,

Yes it is possible. We have configured same architecture in our Production environment where we have two BizTalk Servers, both configured to receive AS2 messages and we have shared only the Cluster IP with our vendors. It is working perfectly for years now.

Just make sure your both Servers are properly configured and can receive and process the AS2 messages individually and then you can go for cluster IP approach.

Secondly, you need not to worry about the Tutorial folders, those are just for help, it is good to have only Utilities folder. You just need to make sure you have installed EDI/AS2 Runtime and it is properly configured.

EDIAS2Runtime

If this answers your question please mark as answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:22 AM
  • So long as both are setup identically for EDI, it's no problem. The SDK comes with the Developer tools which really shouldn't be installed on a production server but it won't hurt anything.

You can setup IP3 any way your network team prefers meaning a hardware solution or Windows NLB.  You would not use Windows Clustering in this case though.

Note: Windows does not support Windows Clustering and NLB on the same server pair.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 12:04 PM