none
Association parameter missing in SP 2013 workflow

Question

• Hello Everyone,

i am trying to add dynamic approvers to my workflow. For that i am creating association parameter, however collect from parameter during  in SP2013 designer  its disabled.  anyone please let me know how to add the association parameter in workflow 2013.

Rajendra Singh
    sharepoint Adda
    Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen

Monday, December 12, 2016 5:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Rajendra,

Thank you for your post.

This is a quick note to let you know that we are performing research on this issue.

Best Regards,

Victoria 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 1:53 AM
  • Hi Rajendra,

Per my test, the Collect parameter during can only be set for reusable workflows and global reusable workflows in SharePoint Designer.

And in my environment, this setting is not disabled.

Could you please check if the issue occurs with all the reusable workflows?

You can also create a new reusable workflow for testing and narrowing down the issue scope.

Best Regards,

Victoria

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 12:31 PM
  • Hi Victoria,

I tried multiple times, still the same.

here is my step to reproduce the issue.

1.open site in designer

2.Click on reusable workflow from the ribbon, it will ask the workflow name and choose the platform type SharePoint2013 workflow.

3.workflow will be open, click on initiation form parameters in the ribbon, and it will open the dialog as shown  in below screen.

If i want to add association parameter to use in my workflow and i will give value to the parameter when i am associating the workflow to list, so how would i do it.

Rajendra Singh
    sharepoint Adda
    Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 1:15 PM
  • Hi Rajendra,

Per my further research, the "Collect parameter during" only can be set for SharePoint 2010 reusable workflows.

So for a SharePoint 2013 reusable workflow, it is disabled by design.

As a workaround, you may need to use SharePoint 2010 reusable workflow instead.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:35 AM
  • Thank you for the info.

Rajendra Singh

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 1:19 PM