none
The operation could not be completed when clicked on Main.axml in Vs 2015 community Xamarin

Question

• Hello Guys,
    I am unable to open Main.axml its throwing a error** The operation could not be completed** i tried reinstalling and repairing Vs 2015 community edition but none worked please help.
    Thursday, November 03, 2016 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Muhammed,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Did you meet this issue when you create a new Xamarin project and double click the Main.axml file? I have tried to open the Main.axml file in a new Xamarin project and it successfully display.

If so, this issue is more related to the VS 2015, please have a look at this similar issue and try the following to troubleshot this issue:

1. Close Visual Studio, delete %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ComponentModelCache, then reopen VS.
    2. Close VS and delete the .suo file of your current solution (please backup it firstly) and reopen this solution again
    3. Close VS and delete the .csproj.user file. of your current solution (please backup it firstly) and reopen this solution again

If not, please cannot open an existing Main.axml file in your previous project, please try to add a new xxx.axml file in the same solution and if works fine, that means this issue is related to the specific Main.axml file, please share this file and we will try to open it on my local computer.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 03, 2016 9:42 AM