Using date condition to retrieve records from Access database RRS feed

• Question

• User-1627952579 posted

I use Access as the database. (Running .net 1.1)

I have used a code to retieve records that fall between a particular date. There is no error when I run the page.

But the result shows all the records and the condition that I have specified does not have any effect.

Below is the Query I have used in my ASP.net page

Dim cmdAR1 As New OleDbCommand("select Username,EquipmentCode,EquipmentName,Department,Division,LastCertDate,CertDueDate,FreqCalibration,Remarks from register where CertDueDate> " & CDD_Date & " and CertDueDate < " & FCDD_Date & " order by CertDueDate asc", arConn)

The Dates are stored in Variabled (CDD_Date and FCDD_Date)

As this did work I even tried to hard code a date

Dim cmdAR1 As New OleDbCommand("select Username,EquipmentCode,EquipmentName,Department,Division,LastCertDate,CertDueDate,FreqCalibration,Remarks from register where CertDueDate> 12/12/2007 order by CertDueDate asc", arConn)

But even then it displayed all records (even those before YR 2006) in the datagrid that I use.

I have been searching the net all day, but no luck.... What am I doing wrong here?

Pls help.

Monday, April 28, 2008 8:25 AM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

If you insist on using dynamic SQL (variables concatenated into a string) you need to make sure the datatype delimiters are correct.  In this case, since the datatype is datetime, you should delimit your values using single quotes or octothorpes (#).  However, you can get round this problem, and produce much safer code by using parameters: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com?Article.aspx?ArticleID=26

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 28, 2008 8:56 AM