locked
LaunchUriAsync multiple times causes problems in IE RRS feed

  • Question

  • When I run LaunchUriAsyc from button click on my main metro C#/xaml app, I get unpredictable behaviors:

    a) Sometimes it opens IE with the url

    b) Sometimes I get: res://ieframe.dll/acr_error_IM.htm#......

    c)Sometimes I get a blank IE

    What is wrong here....?

    The url I'm testing with is http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

    I'm expecting it should open to the Microsoft site. I especially notice this when I switch to different Uri and re-execute. Is it caching something??? Thanks.

    Friday, May 18, 2012 5:14 PM

All replies

  • I sometimes see a restore error:

    What you can do:
  • Try to return to <noscript></noscript>
  • <noscript><i<dddddddd<id id="retryNoScript">Try to return to the page you were viewing.</id></noscript>
  •                                     

    More information<noscript><ID id="moreInformation">More information</ID></noscript> More information

    When a website causes a failure or crash, Internet Explorer attempts to restore the site. It stops after two tries to avoid an endless loop.

    Friday, May 18, 2012 5:18 PM
  • I tried clearing browsing history and then it showed the correct site. then I closed IE and relaunched from my main app with the button that executes LaunchUriAsync and it opens a blank.....

    Then I re test and I get the one above....
    • Edited by Hpcd Friday, May 18, 2012 5:24 PM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 5:23 PM