none
Cannot print line numbers in VS2015 update 1 ?

Question

• In VS2013 and previous versions, the print dialog included a Print What section, which included options to Include Line Numbers and Hide Collapsed Regions.  In VS2015 (update 1), the Print What section seems to be missing completely from the dialog.  Are other people seeing this missing as well?  If so, how do I print line numbers?
    Monday, December 7, 2015 4:47 PM

Answers

• >In VS2013 and previous versions, the print dialog included a Print What section, which included options to Include Line Numbers and Hide Collapsed Regions.  In VS2015 (update 1), the Print What section seems to be missing completely from the dialog.  Are other people seeing this missing as well?  If so, how do I print line numbers?

If you enable line numbers in the editor Tools, Options, Text Editor,
    All Languages, General, Line numbers; you should get line numbers
    printed.

Dave

• Marked as answer by EJC651 Wednesday, December 9, 2015 3:58 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 10:20 AM

All replies

• Hi EJC651,

I test it using difference VS versions.

Like this thread here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33453718/missing-print-options-in-vs-2015

It really has the line numbers option in VS2013 with update 4.

But if I test it in VS2013 with update 5, or the VS2015 with/without update1, it really has this limitation now.

You can submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx,Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 8:45 AM
  • >In VS2013 and previous versions, the print dialog included a Print What section, which included options to Include Line Numbers and Hide Collapsed Regions.  In VS2015 (update 1), the Print What section seems to be missing completely from the dialog.  Are other people seeing this missing as well?  If so, how do I print line numbers?

If you enable line numbers in the editor Tools, Options, Text Editor,
    All Languages, General, Line numbers; you should get line numbers
    printed.

Dave

• Marked as answer by EJC651 Wednesday, December 9, 2015 3:58 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 10:20 AM
  • You're right.  If the line numbers are turned on in the editor, they are automatically printed.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 3:58 PM