DAX: is it possible to have a iscrossfilter ignoring specific relationship? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

in a standard parent / child scenario, I want to know if the child table is filtered.

my Relationship in 0 to many.

using iscrossfilter always return 1 when the user consume any column from the parent table, but if there is nothing used in the child table (or over related tables linked to the child table) I except to have a iscrossfilter = 0

I do some countrows to compare the number of rows in the child table compared to the number of rows with "ALL(parent)", but this consumes too many cpu.

is there another way to test if the child table is filtered without having the interference of the parent table?

thanks.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 3:12 PM

Answers

• Hey there,

maybe you can set the relationship inactive in the datamodel and only activate it via USERELATIONSHIP() in the queries / measures you need it.

p.S. Just a question aside: You're saying that it consumes too many cpu. Does the query return with a valid result or does Excel do some crossjoining of all items in both tables?

I hope I was of some help!

Kind regards, please mark helpful posts! :)

• Proposed as answer by Elvis Long Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elvis Long Monday, April 28, 2014 2:59 PM
    Wednesday, April 9, 2014 8:36 AM