Does Coded Supports Winforms Application??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Iwould like to Automate a Winforms Application using coded UI but i am unable to record and playback  the window. it is throwing an error message like could not able to find the control.  Does it requires any additional addons or any setting changes??? please try to answer asap.

Monday, November 15, 2010 10:01 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

Iwould like to Automate a Winforms Application using coded UI but i am unable to record and playback  the window. it is throwing an error message like could not able to find the control with given search properties. Additional Details  are Control Type 'Window',Technology Name 'MSAA'   Does it requires any additional addons or any setting changes??? please try to answer asap.

This is very Urgent plz try to answer.

thanks in advance

keshav Narayana

Monday, November 15, 2010 1:02 PM
  • Hi

Please enable logs (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/gautamg/archive/2009/11/29/how-to-enable-tracing-for-ui-test-components.aspx tells how to enable logging) and send it across to siddhap At Microsoft Dot Com.

Thanks & Regards Siddhartha
    Monday, November 15, 2010 1:06 PM
  • HI Sidhartha,

I tried to send the logs to your mailId but I Could not able to send  It is getting Bounced.

Thanks &regards

Keshav.M

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:43 AM

All replies

• Very less info to guess what may be wrong. What is the Exception details and searchprop of the control?

Monday, November 15, 2010 10:28 AM
  • Hi All,

Iwould like to Automate a Winforms Application using coded UI but i am unable to record and playback  the window. it is throwing an error message like could not able to find the control with given search properties. Additional Details  are Control Type 'Window',Technology Name 'MSAA'   Does it requires any additional addons or any setting changes??? please try to answer asap.

This is very Urgent plz try to answer.

thanks in advance

keshav Narayana

Monday, November 15, 2010 1:02 PM
  • Hi

Please enable logs (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/gautamg/archive/2009/11/29/how-to-enable-tracing-for-ui-test-components.aspx tells how to enable logging) and send it across to siddhap At Microsoft Dot Com.

Monday, November 15, 2010 1:06 PM
  • HI Sidhartha,

I tried to send the logs to your mailId but I Could not able to send  It is getting Bounced.

Thanks &regards

Keshav.M

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:43 AM