Signed up for the preview. Can't select a region or create a job. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've signed up for the stream analytics preview. I have the options showing up in the portal now, but when I try to setup the service, I can't select a region or a regional monitoring storage account. Both of the dropdowns are empty. If I try to create the job/service anyway, I get an error: Creating stream analytics job 'deploymentName' failed

Is there anything I can do to get this up and running. I'd love to try it out.

Thanks
    Sunday, November 16, 2014 9:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Kati,

If you have multiple Azure subscriptions and at least one of them is disabled, you will get an empty drop down box for the region. Could you please confirm if this applies to you? If it does, please filter out the disabled subscriptions from your current view from the top right bar in the portal. You should then be able to see regions available in the drop down. We plan to fix this issue in an upcoming release.

If the above does not apply to you, we would like to get more details to debug further, please share your subscription id with us so we could look further.

Thanks

Zafar Abbas

• Edited by Zafar Abbas Sunday, November 16, 2014 8:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by KatiM Monday, November 17, 2014 4:08 AM
    Sunday, November 16, 2014 7:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Kati,

If you have multiple Azure subscriptions and at least one of them is disabled, you will get an empty drop down box for the region. Could you please confirm if this applies to you? If it does, please filter out the disabled subscriptions from your current view from the top right bar in the portal. You should then be able to see regions available in the drop down. We plan to fix this issue in an upcoming release.

If the above does not apply to you, we would like to get more details to debug further, please share your subscription id with us so we could look further.

Thanks

Zafar Abbas

• Edited by Zafar Abbas Sunday, November 16, 2014 8:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by KatiM Monday, November 17, 2014 4:08 AM
    Sunday, November 16, 2014 7:07 PM
  • Yes, it works. If I disable the expired trial account it works.

Thanks for your help!

Monday, November 17, 2014 4:08 AM