none
Using the Windows 8 HFP Bluetooth Driver RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm attempting to get a Win8 desktop application running that allows the PC to act as a "headset" for a smartphone. Getting the control channel working for this is pretty easy, however the SCO channel for audio is a challenge.

I'm assuming a Kernel Mode driver is required here. So my question is would I use the BRB_SCO_REGISTER_SERVER IOCTL's as part of a Profile driver, or are there things available within the HFP profile on Windows 8 simplifying this. I've found a document describing a Bluetooth Bypass Driver, and posts on here indicating you can't extend the HFP driver. Can I use the HFP profile driver out of the box to get an audio stream setup however and is there any documentation for using the Win 8 Profile driver.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:11 PM

All replies

• There's not really anything you can reuse from the Windows 8 inbox HFP drivers to act in the "HF" role of the handsfree profile. Those drivers are designed to act in the "AG" role of the profile.

Yes, your driver would use BRB_SCO_REGISTER_SERVER to receive SCO connection requests.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:27 PM
  • Hi,

Even iam trying to implement HFP-HF role on laptop i.e. Laptop as HFP-HF role and smartphone as HFP-AG.

Can you please guide me how to read/write RFCOMM data.

Once after l2cap connection, we need to send/READ AT commands.

Can you please explain me how you have done?

Thanks.

Thursday, November 20, 2014 2:50 PM
  • Hi,

I was able to Successfully accept HFP/RFCOMM connection request from smartphone using winSock API's.

Thanks,

Satya

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 2:14 PM
  • Hi Satya,

this sounds very interesting!

Could you please give me some more information on how you did it?

I also have the Problem that I need to implement HFP and yet don't have an idea on how to start...

Thanks

Werner

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 8:00 AM