none
Cannot install .NET Framework SP1 on X64 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When trying to install .NET Framework SP1 on X64 I get the following error :

DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a is not installed.

I am sure that the Framework 2.0 x64 is installed. My OS version is Windows Storage Server 2003 and the CPU is a quad core x64.

I have read a related topic :

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/a2b272a7-ea99-4fef-ab33-929fd31e14d1

but I haven't been able to work out with it.

I have tried the following :
    Steps:

- Use Cleanup tool to remove the failure installation of .NET Framework 2.0
    - Download .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET x64 Framework 2.0 Service Pack1 x64
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder
    - Install .NET Framework 2.0 x64

- Install .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 x64

After this steps, the install fails. In the log i always get :

WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a is not installed.

But the Framework 2.0 x64 is installed.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks.

Best regards

MatteoDev
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 9:34 PM

Answers

• Hi MatteoDev,

Thank you for your post.

Based on your description, it seems that you have some problem during the installation of .NET Framework 2.0 SP1.

For your concern, I would suggest you to try downloading .NET Framework 3.5 full package which will install .NET 2.0 and 3.0 with Service Package as prerequisite.

Before the installation, please try Cleanup Tool to remove .NET Framework 3.5 >> 3.0 >> 2.0 in order if you have installed any on your machine. Please ensure that you run the setup package from local hard disk with the admin privilege. Then run the installer.

If any problem during the installation, for further troubleshooting, could you please try to use collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 3.5 from your "%temp%" folder?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

You can upload your log files to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

Steps:
    - Download .NET Framework 3.5 full package
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5 (Full Package)
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
    - Upload vslogs.cab file

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, October 23, 2009 8:55 AM
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Saturday, October 24, 2009 4:15 AM typo
    Friday, October 23, 2009 7:58 AM
  • Hi Yichun Chen,

Actually I just found a solution.

I signed in as Administrator and not using Terminal Services on the server. I used the Cleanup Tool and Installed the software wich uses and installs the .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP 1. Fortunately, it worked!

I guess the problem was the TS login, or not been logued as Administrator, even if I vas into the Administrators group.

Thank you 4 your help!

Best regards,

MatteoDev
    joujoukinder
    • Marked as answer by joujoukinder Friday, October 23, 2009 8:51 AM
    Friday, October 23, 2009 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi MatteoDev,

Thank you for your post.

Based on your description, it seems that you have some problem during the installation of .NET Framework 2.0 SP1.

For your concern, I would suggest you to try downloading .NET Framework 3.5 full package which will install .NET 2.0 and 3.0 with Service Package as prerequisite.

Before the installation, please try Cleanup Tool to remove .NET Framework 3.5 >> 3.0 >> 2.0 in order if you have installed any on your machine. Please ensure that you run the setup package from local hard disk with the admin privilege. Then run the installer.

If any problem during the installation, for further troubleshooting, could you please try to use collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 3.5 from your "%temp%" folder?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

You can upload your log files to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

Steps:
    - Download .NET Framework 3.5 full package
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5 (Full Package)
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
    - Upload vslogs.cab file

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, October 23, 2009 8:55 AM
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Saturday, October 24, 2009 4:15 AM typo
    Friday, October 23, 2009 7:58 AM
  • Hi Yichun Chen,

Actually I just found a solution.

I signed in as Administrator and not using Terminal Services on the server. I used the Cleanup Tool and Installed the software wich uses and installs the .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP 1. Fortunately, it worked!

I guess the problem was the TS login, or not been logued as Administrator, even if I vas into the Administrators group.

Thank you 4 your help!

Best regards,

MatteoDev
    joujoukinder
    • Marked as answer by joujoukinder Friday, October 23, 2009 8:51 AM
    Friday, October 23, 2009 8:51 AM
  • Hi MatteoDev,

It's my pleasure. :)

I'm so glad to hear that. Cheer! And thank you for your kindly sharing.

Have a great weekend.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Friday, October 23, 2009 8:55 AM