Application is crashing frequently with following message RRS feed

• Question

• User426001450 posted

I recently upgraded to Visual Studio 2015 Community since I thought that this was a better option than VWD Express but this Application, the server and the database are constantly crashing. Is this happening only to me or to any of you as well? I would appreciate your help in this matter. Thanks.

The following message is always display: 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'CaptchaImage' or one of its dependencies. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'CaptchaImage' or one of its dependencies. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'CaptchaImage' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace: 

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'CaptchaImage' or one of its dependencies. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)]

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'CaptchaImage, Version=1.0.2571.10204, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)]
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +0
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +36
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +152
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection) +77
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +21
       System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +28
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +38

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'CaptchaImage, Version=1.0.2571.10204, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)]
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +738
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +217
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +130
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +170
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetPreStartInitMethodsFromReferencedAssemblies() +92
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath, Boolean& isRefAssemblyLoaded) +290
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart() +157
       System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +531

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'CaptchaImage, Version=1.0.2571.10204, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9947380
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +261

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1055.0

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:30 PM

Answers

• User-2057865890 posted

Hi vstorpedo,

To resolve this issue, you must use the Netstat.exe utility at the command line to see if another process is using port 80 or port 443. If port 80 is not being used, you must then examine the ListenOnlyList registry subkey on the computer that is running IIS.

reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/890015

Best Regards,

Chris Zhao

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:47 AM
  • User-2057865890 posted

Hi vstorpedo,

Have you tried changing the binding so that the website uses a different port?

Right click the website | Edit Bindings | Edit.

Best Regards,

Chris Zhao

Monday, February 29, 2016 8:02 AM

All replies

• User-2057865890 posted

Hi vstorpedo,

To resolve this issue, you must use the Netstat.exe utility at the command line to see if another process is using port 80 or port 443. If port 80 is not being used, you must then examine the ListenOnlyList registry subkey on the computer that is running IIS.

reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/890015

Best Regards,

Chris Zhao

Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:47 AM
  • User426001450 posted

Hello Zhao and thanks for responding.

I took a look at your link, however since the following link is more clear and is addressing exactly what I am facing, I would like you to take a look at this link. I think that the problem is relate to having several versions of asp.net on the server. I followed the instructions on this link but is still not working. Please take a look at this link and let me know what you think. i'm a little big afraid to do what you are suggesting on your link since I have to mess with registers and I want to avoid that. This is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qbn0KOe5NU

Thanks

Monday, February 22, 2016 11:47 PM
  • User-2057865890 posted

Hi vstorpedo,

Have you tried changing the binding so that the website uses a different port?

Right click the website | Edit Bindings | Edit.

Best Regards,

Chris Zhao

Monday, February 29, 2016 8:02 AM