Is there a way I can re aquire the ISO I origionaly had?

Question

• I still have the HDD that has the Build 80102.win_main_win8m 3.110912 (not sure if I should include all the rest of the numbers or not incase of security)

Is there a way I can re-acquire this image ? and if you need me too I can connect the other HDD and initiate what ever needs to be initiate for proof.

right now that HDD is not being used.

What resulted in the lost of data was when the system had a false Positive for errors. With time, and patients I had had regained all the lost apps, but lost all data in including the ISO before I was able to transfer it to an external HDD.. I re downloaded the ISO and it comes up with a different version.

I also had an update that allowed for the use of AVCHD that was signed by Microsoft. and it had to be validated. it was a few days after that is when I got the false Positive and a check disk error.

I won't go into great details on how I got the HDD back into working order but lets say it was not easy to recover from that crash.

All I want to know is am d I able to re-link access to that ISO ? if not then...I guess, I will not be using that HDD.

Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:21 PM

Answers

• The ISO is fine. Go to Windows Update and install all Updates. The Update KB2617868 changes the NT Kernel to the version 6.2.8102.109 which is the version you use on your old HDD ;)
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Saturday, January 14, 2012 11:48 PM

All replies

• Why don't you download the ISO from Microsoft again?

Saturday, January 14, 2012 10:00 PM
  • I did, but the version changed and I have down loaded it 17 times and out of all 17 down loads it remains this version. which is the _winmain_win8M3.110830 and not the win8m 3.110912
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 11:44 PM
  • The ISO is fine. Go to Windows Update and install all Updates. The Update KB2617868 changes the NT Kernel to the version 6.2.8102.109 which is the version you use on your old HDD ;)

Saturday, January 14, 2012 11:48 PM
  • ahh ok giving it a try .
    ahh thank you, may the force of the caffeine be with you...Now don't I feel like an idiot lol..
    • Edited by ASUSTUV4x Sunday, January 15, 2012 12:21 AM
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 12:12 AM