none
Show Data-bound table in Page Header RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

my situation is that I want to print a (same) table (which gets data from a dataset) on every page of a report. The table is on top of the page and followed by 4 charts per page. 

Unfortunately it is not possible to place data-bound controls (like tablix) into the page header-area. Here [ http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms252093(VS.80).aspx ] I found this message:

You cannot add data-bound fields or images directly to a header or footer. However, you can write an expression that indirectly references a data-bound field or image that you want to use in a header or footer.

Has anyone done this? I tried to place textboxes in the body of the report, hide them, and show the value (via expression) in a textbox in the page header. That works. But with a table that has an infinite number of rows I have no successful solution.

Thank you.

Martin

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:36 PM

All replies

• Has anyone found a solution for this issue? I am using 2005 version and can not figure out how to display a multy row table on each page of a report. Figured putting it in the header would be the solution but can't figure out how....
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:29 PM