Biztalk 2016 Biztalk Management Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

According to this link Management REST API

I tried to install and configure management rest api for BT 2016, I could browse it also using swagger version.

But I am not satisfied with the response code and not enough details in response body like when I tried to enable recieve Location the Response code I got back is 204 and no content in Response Body.

I want to customise it to something 200 OK and return response body something like 'NameOfRL is enabled successfully' 

I am neew to Biztalk and IT world.

Could you please guide me how can I achieve this(do I need source code to get this? where the source code is located?)

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful , Propose As Answer , and/or Mark As Answer

• Edited by har Thursday, November 23, 2017 3:01 PM
    Thursday, November 23, 2017 3:00 PM

Answers

• But I am not satisfied with the response code and not enough details in response body like when I tried to enable recieve Location the Response code I got back is 204 and no content in Response Body.

That is the expected behavior and this is the way Microsoft has currently designed it ie. decided not to send any additional data in response, therefore 204 instead of 200. Refer to the link: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt783360.aspx. The Put method expects the receive port and receive location name as input and 204 indicates that server has successfully processed the request.

Could you please guide me how can I achieve this(do I need source code to get this? where the source code is located?)

I am afraid, this is not available for you to modify.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful , Propose As Answer , and/or Mark As Answer

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Thursday, November 23, 2017 11:18 PM
  • Well....why?  A 204 is a perfectly valid response.  Success with no return content.

Keep in mind, you already know what Receive Location you're trying to start so having the service echo this doesn't get you anything.  You can just as easily craft the desired text in you client.

Basically, while technically doable, what you're asking to do is a huge net negative time wise.

Monday, November 27, 2017 2:34 PM

All replies

• Hello Har,

Please refer following link, I think you will be able to get started with the management rest api.

Management REST API services of BizTalk server 2016 - Feature Pack1 

Once you get the details back from the api, then you can design the output in the way you desire.

HTH

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Thursday, November 23, 2017 5:42 PM
  • But I am not satisfied with the response code and not enough details in response body like when I tried to enable recieve Location the Response code I got back is 204 and no content in Response Body.

That is the expected behavior and this is the way Microsoft has currently designed it ie. decided not to send any additional data in response, therefore 204 instead of 200. Refer to the link: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt783360.aspx. The Put method expects the receive port and receive location name as input and 204 indicates that server has successfully processed the request.

I am afraid, this is not available for you to modify.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Thursday, November 23, 2017 11:18 PM
  • Well....why?  A 204 is a perfectly valid response.  Success with no return content.

Keep in mind, you already know what Receive Location you're trying to start so having the service echo this doesn't get you anything.  You can just as easily craft the desired text in you client.

Basically, while technically doable, what you're asking to do is a huge net negative time wise.

Monday, November 27, 2017 2:34 PM