none
Can't uninstall VSTO AddIns RRS feed

• Question

• I can't uninstall any of the VSTO Addins that I have created.

I always get a message popup from VSTOInstaller which says "object reference not set to an instance of an object".

I have tried to install the last version of VSTO redistributables (10.0.60825.0) but it doesn't help.

Has anyone an idea of what went wrong (I use to be able to do it).

Friday, June 30, 2017 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Do you have any custom actions running in the installer?

object reference not set to an instance of an object

Looks like you are trying to use an object which is not initialized yet (i.e. created).

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Friday, June 30, 2017 1:12 PM
  • Hi phigdd,

in which Office application you want to remove this addin?

is your addin working correctly or when you try to use it at that also you got an error?

can you able to disable the addin?

if you did not try that then try to do it.

you can also disable the addin from option below.

you can remove the addin from options below.

1) If you installed the addin using the ClickOnce, you can unistall addins using "VSTOInstaller.exe /uninstall [.vsto file path]": The easiest way to do it is to get this right is to find the "UninstallString" of the installed addin in the registry. so loop through all entries under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" to find the addin. then just run the "UninstallString" in an elevated command prompt.

2)If you installed it using MSI, you need to use the "msiexec.exe /uninstall [addin.msi | product code]".

to get more details regarding uninstall the VSTO Addin you can refer thread below.

Uninstalling Office VSTO addins

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 3, 2017 2:09 AM