Making money with Silverlight Games Apps? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been working with Silverlight for a while now. The first app that I created a while back (to get used to Silverlight) was a game (www.battleballz,com - still needs the programmer graphics replacing and a few other bits implementing)

My latest app (still in development) is a social networking tool and is much more ambitious. and has taken me considerable time and money to develop.

Looking around the web I cant seem to see many games / apps being developed with Silverlight. I also dont see much in the way of employment in Silverlight. This to me begs the question, is there any money in Silverlight games / apps? Don't get me wrong, Silverlight is wonderful to use, but that doesnt feed the family.

Has anyone had any success either with developing games or apps in Silverlight?

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 5:26 PM

Answers

• It's a funny business because even at my work where I specialize in Silverlight and Flash development, some of our own staff thought Silverlight was a virus when I was promoting the technology on our Intranet. If it wasn't for anti-trust laws, MS would have added SL to the update list since day one and we'd all be bathed in SL apps today ;)

I wouldn't say developers are hesitent to spend money on new technology, they do it all the time. It's just a matter of ROI. It's more attractive for them to build on a fast and stable platform like XNA and XBox Live (or console development if you're in the AAA industry) than it is to make parlor games in Silverlight. In my opinion, this is a good thing. SL is a new technology, but its gaining popularity fast. I have no doubt whatsoever it will become defacto like Flash in the not so distant future. The technology and feature set is simply to good to ignore. With a presently unsaturated market, it's a good time for hobbyiests to take their work to the next level and work hard to stay on top because once you're there, it's a lot harder for the new guys to compete.

Friday, August 7, 2009 9:58 AM

All replies

•  

Take a look at silver arcade

http://silverarcade.com/

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 6:43 PM
  • I've been to SilverArcade and a couple of other similar web sites. Whilst they are great sites and do contain some nice games, the number of plays per app is quite low to achieve a good return on investment, which is ok for small hobby apps that only take a few days / weeks to create. However, I cannot see serious game developers spending thousands of dollars paying for design, code, artwork and audio ilke they currenly do with flash based products.

I do have my fingers crossed that this is going to change as I decided to go the Silverlight route and not the Flash / JavaFX route; I went Silverlight route because after evaluating the others it seemed that Silverlight was the most natural way to develop RIA's.

I'm wondering if there are any statistics on Silverlights user base? I'm wondering if its a case of users hit a Silverlight web site, see the Silverlight plugin required message and click back / close?

Anyone any experience with this kind of thing?

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:31 PM
  • My opinion - I think if a truly unique Silverlight game was available and word got around, most people would not hesitate to install SL to play it.

These sites have some statistics on SL install base.

http://www.riastats.com/

http://www.statowl.com/silverlight.php

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 10:06 PM
  • As I see it. You can't win a match after the first training. Silverlight games need to grow in quantity and quality. It is up to the game writers. And Silverlight needs to improve some features ofcourse.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 3:23 AM
  • Silverlight 3 already has a solid set of features to pull off high quality gaming, it's just that developers are rushing out their games and the quality suffers from it. Games take time to get it right. Depending on the scope, it could take upwards to several weeks or months with a qualified team. With the right people, it's more than possible to establish a foothold in the Silverlight gaming industry. But you have to aim to match or rival Popcap quality to be successful.

Once the frameworks are in place and you have a collection of professionally made games available, people will flock to your site to play them (marketing plays a key role too). Silverlight penetration is growing, especially in the online media industry, so it won't be long before professional companies start monetizing off Silverlight's gaming capabilities.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 11:38 PM
  • I think the best way to look at it is to consider that the Silverlight plug-in is very small, fast download (I believe ~4mb) for any broadband user.  So it is not going to be a deterrant if someone finds your software compelling and wants to try it out.

Also, please consider, why should the consumer of the product really need to care (or even know!) that it's written in Silverlight?  The tool used to develop software should not be looked upon as a compelling reason for people to use that software.

Thursday, August 6, 2009 11:16 PM
  • Thanks for the stats, very interesting, although the adoption rate is a bit lower than I would have thought.

I agree with you all that the quality of the games need to be right and it will take some excellent quality games to pull people in. The problem is that we have a chicken and egg situation. Developers dont want to shell out thousands of dollars developing great quality games because of low adoption rate, but to increase adoption rate, SIlverlight needs more exposure from high end apps / quality games./ ads.

I've been trawling the net over the last 3-4 days looking at everything Silverlight and there are quite a few web sites out there using it, some for actual flash like ads, Also, there is a Silverlight group on Facebook that some of you may be interested in joining. Seems to be quite a few job ads on there for Silverlight professionals.

With regards to Silverlight installation. My kids (as an example) are under strict instructions not to install "anything" on their pc's unless it says "update flash", which is probably the case with many other parents. In addition to that, many people will leave a web site if they are delayed for even a moment (a sad side effect of the busy world we live in). By the way, I have installed Silverlight on the kids PC's :) I remember reading an article on the web whilst trawling that mentioned that Silverlight is going to become available as an optional component of Windows update.

Friday, August 7, 2009 5:47 AM
  • It's a funny business because even at my work where I specialize in Silverlight and Flash development, some of our own staff thought Silverlight was a virus when I was promoting the technology on our Intranet. If it wasn't for anti-trust laws, MS would have added SL to the update list since day one and we'd all be bathed in SL apps today ;)

I wouldn't say developers are hesitent to spend money on new technology, they do it all the time. It's just a matter of ROI. It's more attractive for them to build on a fast and stable platform like XNA and XBox Live (or console development if you're in the AAA industry) than it is to make parlor games in Silverlight. In my opinion, this is a good thing. SL is a new technology, but its gaining popularity fast. I have no doubt whatsoever it will become defacto like Flash in the not so distant future. The technology and feature set is simply to good to ignore. With a presently unsaturated market, it's a good time for hobbyiests to take their work to the next level and work hard to stay on top because once you're there, it's a lot harder for the new guys to compete.

Friday, August 7, 2009 9:58 AM
  •  Please refer the following link to know more about silverlight game monetization

http://abhijeetsenan.blogspot.com/2009/07/submit-silverlight-games-and-earn-money.html

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:49 AM
  • Personally I'm not sure if people looking to play games really care if it is a Flash Game vs. a Silverlight game. Sure, you have to install Silverlight if you don't have it, but that will likely become less of an issue as time goes on.

One of the responses above mentions that the market for Silverlight games is not saturated yet. I tend to disagree as Silverlight games will be in direct competition with Flash games.

The real challenge I believe is creating games that people want to play, talk about with their friends and play over and over again. Face it, there is a mountain of garbage web games out there and a small but growing collection of good games.

With proper marketing (much of which can be done for free), a quality Silverlight game will make its mark and can be profitable.

John

Thursday, November 12, 2009 10:00 PM
  • Not to be a downer but unless you make the most killer game ever, it just isn't going to be make money.  I think Silverlight 3 is very viable for game making, and I think if the game is good then the people will come regardless of where it is.  If you look at the silverlight games that exist now it isn't like anything out there doesn't have a flash equivelant done 100 times over, so there really isn't a reason for the masses to come a knocking.  Also how many people are actually making money with those 100 flash games, maybe 1 out of 100, and out of those probably very few are making enough to support the effort.

The ironic part is that in order for Silverlight games to get to the "next level" is that there really has to be money to fund it.  A killer, free online game that is going to make money is going to require high quality graphics, good sound, a multiplayer component, and a mildly innovative concept... not to mention competent programming.  I think there are a lot of people out there including myself that can pull together several of those pieces individually, but personally, not without a 6 figure salary plus benefits.  Otherwise my current job will stay my current job and Silverlight will be my hobby.

I find it funny that nobody has mention Mashooo on this thread yet.  I think that they're the most on the right road trying to elevate Silverlight games.  The community element is very important to the success of online games, and they've definitely worked to embrace this.  I will go as far as to say that I would prefer to integrate my next game into their system before Facebook or alternative, since Facebook is very flooded.

I am pretty sure that one day some youngin' is gonna make something that's going to blow away the world and make serious cash.  And every other youngin' will want to be like that first one.  It could happen tommorow.  But I bet you that making money was never the intention when the game was being created.

Saturday, November 21, 2009 6:26 PM
  •  I think a lot of these posts are looking at this from a COMPLETELY wrong perspective.  Why aren't people talking about Silverlight + FaceBook SDK?  We are not talking about 15k / year in money here.

Here are three ways I think Silverlight can be used to monetize games in a huge way:

- Social Networking Games.  You guys have heard of games of FarmVille or Mafia Wars? Games integrated with social networks are bringing in millions of dollars (not 15k / year).  Electronic Arts bought Playfish (who make Flash games for MySpace, Facebook etc) for over 300 million dollars (http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/11/09/not-playing-around-electronic-arts-buys-playfish-for-275-million/). Silverlight has the Facebook SDK!  There is some serious money to be made here.

- Database games.  Games like tribal wars or rpgs where the logic is in the database and the Flash/Ajax client is just the UI.  Silverlight has great integration with WCF and SQL Server...use it

- (this is in the future).  Mobile games like for the App Store.  Windows Mobile 7 will in no doubt use Silverlight.  Once the "Windows Mobile Marketplace" is formalized then I think the initial developers that release games will make a killing.

Silverlight has some really big advantages over Flash in terms of using concurrent programming.  I can scale my AI, vector positioning, game logic etc across 8 cores in Silverlight AND utilize F#'s functional style for advanced AI like decision trees.  That is the game changer right there.

Note: I also wrote an article about this a while ago (September 2008), but a lot of the core concepts apply here:

http://silverlighthack.com/post/2008/09/14/Silverlight-Opportunity-Challenging-the-game-concept-model-%28Spore%29.aspx

Saturday, November 21, 2009 6:37 PM
  • DDtMM - I personally think that Facebook and other social networking sites are the way to go for casual game developers in particular. With Facebook for example, your looking at a potential 300 million audience all in the same place where word of mouth goes a long way. If one person likes your game, they will tell 100 of their friends and so on. You can't put a price on that kind of free advertising.

bartczer - Read your article and its very inspirational, especially coming from a background of developing mainly PC/console games for nearly 20 years. I'm very keen on the idea of social gaming, in fact, I developed Sharetops as a bit of a test bed for social game development. Developing Sharetops gave me the chance to pick up many of the Silverlight skills that I need to develop massive socially networked games. I'm currently working on a few ideas and when I decide on which one to go with I will begin developmen. At the moment, I'm quite keen on an idea that mixes fantasy RPG with RTS on very a large scale

Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:05 PM
  • If you develop a killer app in facebook then it will take off.  But the requirements for what is killer has been raised, and with established players like Playfish and Zynga, is somebody, without financial support, really going to out do them?  The technological advances that Silverlight affords, or the barrier of having a smaller install base than Flash aren't important considerations.  Without financial investment you're going to have an incredibally hard time rising above the noise on such a crowded place as Facebook.  Playfish and Zynga were there early on and didn't have to compete with anybody bigger than them because they didn't exist. 

Instead of being a small fry trying to break through a big market, it might be better to try to compete in a small market and hope that it grows with you in the lead.  I also see the growing appeal of smaller niche social sites.  I think Kongregate is great example of that.  That site was nothing 3 years ago, and now if you have a hit game you get a million hits, and developers have lots of oppurtunies to earn money.  Everybody whose game is accepted gets a chance at being the next hit.  Maybe Mashooo or SilverArcade will be that next thing in the future?

I suppose I'm negative on Facebook because of my own failures with Tower of Babble.  Unlike the Vector Space games, ToB does have casual game appeal and anybody can play it.  It never got off the ground despite my best efforts and I gave up on it.  But why would they when there is PlayFish's Word Challenge for example?  It has better graphics, better sound, better gameplay.  If ToB came out a few years earlier maybe it's a different story.  Maybe I see it's pretty popular and I implement some of the features I intended on implementing at the beginning and those new features get more people interested.  And from there things grow.

I just checked my stats, and Vector Space Armada gets twice the plays as Tower of Babble (308 minimum vs 160 max).  VSA which is on Mashooo and Silver Arcade.  If I were to make a game I would target those sites and take advantage of whatever social networking features they provide, as in my personal experience they have provided me more exposure.

Sunday, November 22, 2009 1:20 PM
  • Just tried Tower of Babble on Facebook and I got an error 

Server Error in '/babble' Application.
    Value was either too large or too small for an Int32

[OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.]
       System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +7469443
       facebook.web.BasePageHelper.EstablishSession(String sessionKey, String userId, String authToken, Boolean retry) +378
       facebook.web.BasePageHelper.LoadIFramePage() +240
       facebook.web.BasePageHelper.LoadIFramePage(API FaceBookAPI, Boolean useSession, Boolean autoAdd, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, HttpSessionState session) +121
       facebook.web.CanvasIFrameMasterPage.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) +67
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +99
       System.Web.UI.UserControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +77
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

Sorry I should have made it clear that I was talking about social multiplayer games. I think Facebook is an ideal breeding ground for something like that. With regards to small indie developers v the big boys, many indie developers have a hit with the most simple ideas. I just think that a developer needs to come up with something fairly original, do a fair bit of leg work advertising then they have a great chance, especially with tie in to something like mobile game access. The problem with the big developers is that they stick to "the formula" and become too rigid, which unfortunately for them becomes a little dry. Indie developers on the other hand are very flexible and a lot more innovative.

Sunday, November 22, 2009 1:59 PM
  • Ha, lovely.  I'm just going to take that down and make it stand alone one day.

Sunday, November 22, 2009 4:17 PM
  • @DDtMM,

I get your point about a site like PlayFish has many more resources to compete, however talented developers have a better chance in competing with them than a Electronic Arts in the console/PC market.

For example, no one is going to supplant EA and make another Madden anytime soon (mature franchise coupled with the idiotic exclusivity with the NFL).   However, can someone replicate a Tecmo Bowl-type game?  I think so...if someone makes a simple real-time football game online..that will be huge.  Quick Hit Football did it, but they are doing a "coaching game" with nice graphics.

The causal/social networking/mobile gaming market is still infant...as you can see by the number of startups and recent takeovers in the industry.  With that much going on, there definitely is room for someone to start something.

Sunday, November 22, 2009 4:29 PM
  • Just to add my 2 cents:

I agree that the biggest factor in acceptance is not what technology you use to build your game, but rather the innovation and appeal of the user interface and gameplay.  I believe I mentioned earlier that if you create a compelling game, people will play it regardless of what platform it was built on.  Your target audience doesn't care (and shouldn't really need to know) what technology you are using to author your game.

That said, I tend to agree that social networking sites are the best platform for a "hobbiest" Silverlight developer to take their skills to the next level.  The bar is clearly NOT as high among casual gamers on a social networking site as opposed to hardcore gamers that are shelling out hard earned cash for their entertainment.  But the ability to earn money through ad revenue sharing is there.

Again though, the biggest point that anyone can take away from this thread is that you need COMPELLING content and gameplay to attract an audience and make money regardless of what platform you are using to hawk your game.  It is the singular most important point.  And that goes way beyond the specific technology used to develop your software!

Sunday, November 22, 2009 6:22 PM
  • See this article on Farseer Games. Jeff writes that he receives about 10.000 visits per month (ie. in june). Making money starts with traffic. My impression is that Jeff is doing well and everybody else is struggling :)

Personally I'm not much hoping of winning that lottery, the story of the game wich gets incredibly popular. I'm working every day, very hard to get more content. I also study my stats to learn what people like.

Lately I discovered that the eCPM - the Google adsense value - increased faster than I'd expected. This certainly gives hope. I can't quit my job though, but hopefully one day...

Sunday, November 22, 2009 6:50 PM
  • As Silverlight 4 can host HTML, you could potentially have Google Ads inside your game. I don't know if you are allowed to by Google etc. but it should be possible :)
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 5:10 AM
  • Hi,

Just one point. Don't take in mind only the examples posted in here. I mean; a lot of companies are working now with silverlight with purchase proposals like infragistics, component one,...

On my company for example we are migrating an ASPX application to Silverlight and this product is sold around the world. Obviously Silverlight is like a little baby. It appeared a little time ago and day after day has more followers.

Start to develop your own applications and if they are nice for sure you will sell them :)

Good LUCK!!
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 5:26 AM
  • I think people spend too much time worrying about Silverlight vs Flash vs Unity vs X etc. The only thing games compete with is other games. Sure, the Flash player is more widely distributed than the Silverlight player (but that's changing slowly) but the main problem from my perspective is simply that there aren't enough really good Silverlight casual games for the bigger portals to be interested in the Silverlight platform (supporting it is trivial). The games on SilverArcade are okay, but nothing jumps out at me. Also, a Silverlight specific portal is counter-productive. The other portals aren't Flash specific as such, it's just that most content is Flash specific (although some use other plugins, so plugin type isn't the limiter). What is needed is for Microsoft to really promote Silverlight as a game development portal, perhaps in conjunction with the big casual game portals. A game specific Silverlight API, like XNA (although SilverSprite is very capable) would also be very helpful. Something like http://www.flashgamelicense.com would be very useful for Silverlight games.
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 8:03 AM
  •  I am very interested in making money via facebook application games, set, but dont even know where to start, can anyone help a novice, please?

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 9:00 AM
  • PaulHMason: Love the portal idea, especially a bespoke API for game development

macandmacinteriors: The best place to start is to grab the Facebook Toolkit for .NET from http://www.codeplex.com/FacebookToolkit. I got a basic test app up and running within a few days, so its easy enough to use. The only pain in the backside bit was getting an app actually up onto Facebook to test. You can find more info about it at http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Microsoft_SDK_for_Facebook_Platform. You may want to go with an IFrame Canvas for a game, you can get more info on how to set one up at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ee695841.aspx

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 11:22 AM
  • I agree with most of which Paul H. Mason has to say there (I don't agree about the point of a Silverlight specific portal, because right now it is the only place to put up games and get some notice).  I think the contests that were up last year, like the Dr. Dobbs and Mashooo S-prize encouraged a lot of great development.  In fact, I think most of the really good games in Silverlight were developed during the Mashooo S-prize contest.

I think contests with cash prizes would be a good way to go.  More than what happened last year and certainly more than what have happened this year (none).

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 11:23 AM
  • There are two sides of things. Here is a tip not to loose moneÿ: don't try the Google Adwords coupon if your account is more than 14 days old.... Confused

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 1:00 PM
  • I had no idea you could create such powerful games with silverlight, although making money out of the games is going to be a lot harder, you could do basic apps for facebook and social networking sites, and then charge for a fuller version of your game, just an idea !

Woc

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 12:18 PM
  • Silverlight is a very powerful platform for casual game development (but there are a few things that would make it better). Flash has a lot of traction because it was the only game in town for over a decade and is also a very powerful game platform (I prefer Silverlight because I'm a die hard .NET developer and I love Visual Studio). I still haven't seen a full commercial quality casual game that was done with Silverlight. There are some good games, but I'm talking about the Popcap, Big Fish and Oberon type games (there's absolutely no reason why one can't). I've chatted to people at some of the big portals and distributors and they definitely are watching Silverlight (they care about the games, not the platform). The things that are holding them back are: 1. Some good games (developers need to make the first move). 2. Platform penetration (~54% according to riastats.com, and climbing. 75% seems to be the target). 3. More promotion from Microsoft. MSN/Live games makes no indication that Silverlight is supported (eat your own dog food first). Obviously, there's this "hump" that Silverlight needs to get over to become an accepted casual game platform. A top class game on one of the big portals (or Facebook, particularly) will drive the Silverlight player adoption up and be a very visible advertisement for Silverlight. Unfortunately, developing a top class casual game isn't cheap and I think most investors would be wary about the perceived risks (easier to go with Flash). Microsoft could step in here and get involved in the development of this hump breaker game...
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 12:26 AM
  • Beside those flash like games (which you play 5-10 min in average), and which gain money mainly on the ads of the hosting site, you can develop other kind of game revenu like premium accounts, or games add-ons which are payed. Games like puzzle-pirates, runescape or others all demonstrate that those kind of games are viable and do not depends on a special technology as you could write them in whatever you like.

Now of course, this kind of game is not the kind of game you develop in a weekend but more likely over a year if not more, and will require a lot of time to keep running.

I'm currently owner of a pure web based game (ajax), and working on a new Silverlight space game which will run on the same model. For my first game I can say it pays itself with a little bit of extras, and for the silverlight game the player comments are very positive so far, so the plateform is now certainly good enough to make money, even if easy money doesn't exists.

Monday, October 11, 2010 8:54 AM
  • Alain, can you post links so we can take a look?

Monday, October 11, 2010 9:21 AM
  • Of what? My silverlight game in development?

http://www.nebularider.com/start.html

Keep in mind it's a tech preview, and beside a base engine which starts to work the game is way from being a true game yet. For example you have only this initial single mission, and nearly nothing to do yet.

As premium options, players will be able to have player handled shops or being able to enter the PvP area or more.

Monday, October 11, 2010 9:53 AM
  • Thanks for the link, I'm just interesting in looking at what others are doing with Silverlight in the games biz. I'm working on a game editor in Silverlight to produce Silverlight games.

Monday, October 11, 2010 10:48 AM
  • very interesting link! Thanks for it.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 5:27 AM
  • My silveright online chess site has a ASP.NET cover that allows users to create their account and log in.  Once they complete the login process they are than taken to a silverlight page and asked to install the client.  The idea was that once you created the account you are committed a bit more and more likely to install the client.  Also having the ASP.NET login page allows me to display adsense ads.

Other than that I think the aproach is not to promote a silverlight game but to promote the site.  It comes down to old fashioned link and content building.  Mind you I think the task is easier with Flash where you have 1000s of sites that will accept your game into their library.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:31 PM
  • I think you will be amazed at just how you can do with Silverlight. We created a fast paced arcade title on Windows Phone 7 called BattleBallz (http://www.battleballz.com) to test the platforms high speed gaming potential. We have 3D games in mind (when the WP7 market picks up) though so we will probably switch over to XNA, its just a pity that you cannot mix Silverlight UI with XNA

Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:55 PM
  • I think Silverlight 5 will have support for 3D graphics.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:25 PM
  • I hope so although I wish they would just integrate XNA directly into Silverlight, you then have a great gaming platform on top of a great UI platform

Sunday, March 13, 2011 11:23 AM
  • We've made a full game on Facebook, called PuzzleShare:

http://apps.facebook.com/puzzleshare/

Tbh, the biggest problem is getting noticed on Facebook...

The other related problem is that because none of the 1000s of the flash portals out there will take a Silverlight game, that option is closed to us :|

Cheers, Paul.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:39 PM
  • Congratulations on creating PuzzleShare, this is easily the best and most polished SL game I've seen in a while.

Monday, March 21, 2011 4:44 AM
  • Thank you :) Still, its not doing amazingly well - the trouble is getting users to come play it...
    Monday, March 28, 2011 4:25 PM
  • Looks like I got my wish, Silverlight 5 got 3D and Windows Phone 7 is getting SIlverlight / XNA integration this coming May (2011)

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:34 AM
  • Where's that "PuzzleShare" game?  I can't find it on facebook.  Is the spelling correct?

Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:16 AM
  • I would like to know if there is money in silver light games because i have just found the software

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:28 AM
  • I doubt there will be money being made in Silverlight Games. unless it's at par with games loke WOW but that would also mean that users will be downloading tons of graphics and media to run. it would be like downloading an entire game each time they want to play. I'd go XNA instead if money is the issue.

But Silverlight can do cassual games and those likes of online pokers. you'd venture there. other games like adventure and stuffs I doubt but you can use them to show your capabilities.

I'm new to silverlight but not with c# here's what I did after creating an XNA framework for silverlight.
    http://www.test.durasales.biz/TestPage.html

it's incomplete and can only walk left and right with A and D button. but it tests my game loop and stuffs. I doubt people would pay to play games like these however.

Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:33 AM
  • Thank you :)

Friday, September 23, 2011 8:04 PM
  • Hi,

The way has changed. HTML5 design for online Game.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 1:49 AM
  • Hey all guy's i am using this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wDineroYa and i really want to say that it is very helpful app for me i simply say because this new app have all that quality which will help us to earn money as well great entertaining app.
    Monday, January 20, 2014 12:03 PM