none
Bluetooth Driver Stack and the principle RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,<u1:p></u1:p><o:p></o:p>

I am interested in BT driver. I have read some information on web and some content in the specification of BT system. I was wondering if I could ask some questions that I can't find the answers. Please feel free to give advice or comments.<u1:p></u1:p><o:p></o:p>

I started reading the Bluetooth Driver Stack webpage on MSDN at first, and I am interested about the left side of this picture. (windows HID stack)

It seems that Bthenum.sys will create a PDO and cause PnP manager to load HidBth.sys if my BT device support HID service. Bthport.sys will use SDP to search the services supported by my BT device. It confused me. So whether my BT device will be recognized as a HID device or print device depend on the service in my BT device?<o:p></o:p>

If my BT device supports HumanInterfaceDevice Service (UUID 0x1812) then it will be recognized as a BT-LE HID device in windows, and BthLEEnum.sys will create PDO for my device. And if my device supports HumanInterfaceDevice Service (UUID 0x1124) then it will be recognized as a BT classic HID device in windows? Is it correct? If it is correct…Will windows read my mouse descriptor after it regards my device as a HID device?<u1:p></u1:p><o:p></o:p>

What if my device supports both BT-LE and BT classic (dual-mode)? How windows decide the driver stack my device belongs to? How windows know it’s a BT classic or BT-LE device? It depends on the services my device support?<u1:p></u1:p><o:p></o:p>

Thank you for reading this question!<o:p></o:p>

Any help in this subject will be appreciated.<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:25 AM

Answers

• BthENUM and BthENUMLe enumerate services on the device, not the device itself. if the device reports HID and print, bthenum will enumerate a PDO for each type of service found. So, in short, there is a 1:N mapping of device : services enumerated.  If the device reports both classic and LE HID, I would imagine both would be enumerated.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:22 PM