Problem saving custom editform.aspx RRS feed

• Question

• All:

I am creating a custom edit form.  I started with the OOTB page, hid the default control, added a custom list view and saved the page.

Now when i view the page through IE it has the page editing toolbar visible.  If I click on the Save and Stop Editing link, the page refreshes and it is still there (the editing toolbar).

If i remove the custom list view from the page, unhide the default control, and save the page works fine.

I have done dozens of custom edit forms and have never seen this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:24 PM

All replies

• Hey Ed,

It could be that the javascript needed to submit the page is being affected by hiding the default control.  How are you hiding the control?

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Molskow - SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:15 PM
  • Hi Ed,

I ran into the same problem as you and found the solution on the following page.

http://mahesh-sharepointlinks.blogspot.com/2010/06/edit-form-always-in-edit-mode-after.html

It states that you simply need to make sure the IsIncluded property is set to 'false' within the built-in list form web part.

<IsIncluded> false</IsIncluded>

Ev

• Edited by Everett T Friday, June 3, 2011 7:51 PM Incorrect code block
    • Proposed as answer by Tom Molskow Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:29 PM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 7:51 PM