Our Application meets Client, but no other componant.. HELP RRS feed

• Question

• We are looking to attain ISV status, but the application that we are looking to get approved will only pass the Client test. The Program does not have any other componantsand so will not allows us to attain ISV status unless we modifiy the program to include on of the additional componants. e.g. Web Service/Office/SQL/Managedcode. The program is written in VB6 does a differant set of rules apply?

Monday, October 31, 2005 11:31 AM

Answers

• Justdeserves,

The platform test was meant to validate apps that run on Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 and also use 1 or more other technologies such as SQL, Office, Managed Code, etc..  For a client only VB application that doesn't utilize another set of Microsoft technologies I would recommend you pursue the Designed for Windows XP Logo.  This will earn you 20 points towards the competency and also reward you with a Logo.  You must take this test at Veritest in order for the results to count towards the competency. 

I hope this helps you out.

Thanks,

Charlie

Monday, October 31, 2005 11:52 PM

All replies

• Justdeserves,

The platform test was meant to validate apps that run on Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 and also use 1 or more other technologies such as SQL, Office, Managed Code, etc..  For a client only VB application that doesn't utilize another set of Microsoft technologies I would recommend you pursue the Designed for Windows XP Logo.  This will earn you 20 points towards the competency and also reward you with a Logo.  You must take this test at Veritest in order for the results to count towards the competency. 

I hope this helps you out.

Thanks,

Charlie

Monday, October 31, 2005 11:52 PM
  • Cheers Charlie,

I will look into the designed for XP further now that I know it is my only option. I was just trying to keep the testing costs down.

Chris
    Tuesday, November 1, 2005 11:09 AM