none
Discussion List Replies RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using discussion list and we are facing an issue. 

It appears that it doesn’t matter if you “reply” to any particular entry; the reply gets positioned at the end of the discussion entries. Is it possible to have the discussion list make hierarchical discussions? In other words, if a reply is made to a particular point, that reply would show up as a sub-reply to that posting (indented).

This is effectively what can happen in email, so it would seem to me that there must be some way to make it happen in the discussion too. If not, I’m not sure that there is that much of an advantage to using this discussion list over email

Please advise,

Thanks,

techie

Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Seems you want the view works like tree view, you could check whether the ‘Threaded’ view meet your requirement.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 13, 2017 2:17 AM
  • The threaded view disappears after I try to select a view from list of available views. Threaded view seems to be buggy.

techie

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:59 PM
  • Hi,

Could you provide screenshot for your issue? Here is my test result in my local.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 1:40 AM