none
HL7 Accelerator - Accessing parts of the Header (MSH) field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

the BTAHL7 accelerator promotes some of the MSH header into the message context on reciept of a message, but what about the other fields that are not promoted, for example MSH.4 (Sending Facility), MSH.MessageControlID etc.

I'd like to access these values but don't know how to actually get to them.

Do I need to write a custom pipeline component that will put the MHS line into the context before the message is passed to the dissassmbler, and then act upon that value in an orchestration?? That seems horrible.

Any help appreciated
    TM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 3:59 AM

Answers

• Just thought I'd reply as I figured this out.

The message that comes out of the recieive port is a multipart, the msh data is in the part labelled MSHSegment

Bit of a mental road block on this one, the answer was obvious once you see it, especially when you have spent a week constructing these messages! I should have known.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

TM
    • Marked as answer by etones Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:27 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:27 PM

All replies

• Just thought I'd reply as I figured this out.

The message that comes out of the recieive port is a multipart, the msh data is in the part labelled MSHSegment

Bit of a mental road block on this one, the answer was obvious once you see it, especially when you have spent a week constructing these messages! I should have known.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

TM
    • Marked as answer by etones Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:27 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:27 PM
  • Hi etones

I'd be grateful if you could help me with this: I need to promote the sending facility in my pipeline. I suppose I need a pipeline that has the DASM disassembler, and then a custom pipeline component which I need to build. Inside it, I probably need to look at the multipart message, get the part labelled MSHSegment and promote what I need from the header. But I somehow got stuck with this custom pipeline component.

Any help would be appreciated, I am a bit tight here, with a short deadline. If you could show me some code, that would be awesome.

Thanks

fha:c

Thursday, July 15, 2010 5:53 PM
  • Hey I am having same trouble. I can access only promoted properties but not sending facility. Can you provide me any link to tutorial to access such properties that are not promoted? Thanks (trivedimehulk@gmail.com)
    Friday, November 26, 2010 10:23 AM