Logshipping Copy error And Restore succeed problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have configured log shipping on a database in domain. Backup job working well, but copy and restore jobs are not running according to their schedule. Interval time for Backup 10.30 PM, Copy 10.45 PM and Restore job at 11.00 PM every day. If I execute copy and restore job manually on secondary by right click on job and click on 'Start job at step..', then it copy job showing error, but Restore job showing restore job succeeded and alert job also showing error

My server version is : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4035.00 (Intel X86)   Nov 24 2008 13:01:59   Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation  Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2) 

please help me

thanks in advance

cha2205

Saturday, November 23, 2013 8:53 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

I did same thing but the problem was not cleared, again same error. please help me

Hello Cha,

Unless you post complete error message as guided by Alankar we cannot help you further if you want the solution please post complete error message possible cause of failure

1. Log shipping not configured properly

2. Account ruining SQL server agent on sec database does not have privilages to copy log files from primary to secondary

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

• Proposed as answer by Sofiya Li Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sofiya Li Friday, November 29, 2013 8:55 AM
    Sunday, November 24, 2013 5:50 AM

All replies

• Hello,

So what is the error in copy job ,restore job will show success even if it is not able to restore trn backup .It would be great help if you can post complete error which got when you ran copy job .

Make sure SQL server service account on secondary server has read/write modify permission on shared folder from where trn logs are copied

Meanwhile no need of duplicate post

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/e80aa608-295e-4c2b-9e28-324a89e6a5cf/logshipping-copy-and-restore-problem?forum=sqldatabasemirroring

HTH

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Saturday, November 23, 2013 9:52 AM
  •   thanks for reply 

shanky,

ya, when i run copy job error is: The job failed. The job was invoked by User domain\administrator. The last step 1(log shipping copy job step.).

when i run restore job : The job succeeded. The job was invoked by User domain\administrator. The last step 1    ( log shipping restore job step.).

please help me about this problem

thanks

cha2205

Saturday, November 23, 2013 11:31 AM
  • Hi,

Right click the job and click on View History option. On the log file viewer scroll right till you reach the message column. The message column will contain the extact error message.

Also confirm that whether the job is throwing error even when the job is getting executed automatically as per schedule.

Thanks and Regards Alankar Chakravorty MCITP Database Administrator SQL Server 2008 MCITP Database Administrator SQL Server 2005

Saturday, November 23, 2013 1:25 PM
  • Hi, 

I did same thing but the problem was not cleared, again same error. please help me

Saturday, November 23, 2013 6:04 PM
  • Hi, 

Hello Cha,

Unless you post complete error message as guided by Alankar we cannot help you further if you want the solution please post complete error message possible cause of failure

1. Log shipping not configured properly

2. Account ruining SQL server agent on sec database does not have privilages to copy log files from primary to secondary

• Marked as answer by Sofiya Li Friday, November 29, 2013 8:55 AM
    Sunday, November 24, 2013 5:50 AM