none
Getting launchPoint given is already associated with a callout error in sharepoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently did a migration from 2010 to 2013, and I am noticing some strange behaviours on custom lists and document libraries, some of them. When I try to open the dropdown context menu, I get an alert saying

This item is no longer available.  It may have been deleted by another user.  Click 'OK' to refresh the page.

If I open dev tools, and monitor console, it gives me

callout.js?rev=ryx2n4ePkYj1%2FALmcsXZfA%3D%3D:1 
        Uncaught calloutManager: launchPoint given is already associated with a callout

createNew @ callout.js?rev=ryx2n4ePkYj1%2FALmcsXZfA%3D%3D:1
        (anonymous) @ core.js?rev=LRiXwLWSJUxKuVCrXa3yDg%3D%3D:1
        b @ init.js?rev=RIl4brNTuKjQszVd%2Bc1CnQ%3D%3D:formatted:3537
        NotifyOnLoad @ init.js?rev=RIl4brNTuKjQszVd%2Bc1CnQ%3D%3D:formatted:3543
        (anonymous) @ init.js?rev=RIl4brNTuKjQszVd%2Bc1CnQ%3D%3D:formatted:3519

And this happens on page load.

I am not even running any custom callout js code.

Does anyone know what is happening?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of the list view page when you open the context menu(including the console interface)?

Another question, can you edit this item via the “Edit Item” button on the ribbon and then save back successfully?

As you said, it only occurs to some lists and libraries, what are the list templates of them?

What if you save these lists and libraries as templates, then create new lists and libraries with these templates, will the issue persists?

Please let me know once there any progress.

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 7:52 AM
  • Here is what the doc library looks like, it has the old style drop down arrow for opening the context menu (2010 style). If I click that, it shows the alert (pic 2).

I tried the edit icon link to edit, and that works.

I'm not sure if the library is based off a template. I tried saving the doc library as a template (without content). And then created a new doc library based off that, and got an error. Looking it up, it talks about "specified view is invalid".

Also the dev tools screenshot error, happens on page load. When I click the dropdown and get the alert, there doesn't seem to be any javascript errors, but then the page reloads when I click ok.

01/11/2017 09:36:20.25 	w3wp.exe (0x1A2C)                       	0x0BB4	SharePoint Foundation         	General                       	8nca	Medium  	Application error when access /mysite/Project Documents Test/Forms/AllItems.aspx, Error=The specified view is invalid.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPViewCollection.get_Item(Guid guid)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListViewWebPart.EnsureListAndView(Boolean requireFullBlownViewSchema)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListViewWebPart.CreateWebPartPageComponent()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPart.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListViewWebPart.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartMobileAdapter.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)     at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)     at System.Web.UI.WebCon...	2202ca9d-fa34-40d4-0c16-0af677ea990e
    01/11/2017 09:36:20.25*	w3wp.exe (0x1A2C)                       	0x0BB4	SharePoint Foundation         	General                       	8nca	Medium  	...trols.WebParts.WebPartManager.WebPartManagerControlCollection.AddWebPartHelper(WebPart webPart)     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartManager.WebPartManagerControlCollection.AddWebPart(WebPart webPart)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.AddWebPartWithRetry(WebPart webPart)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.CreateWebPartsFromRowSetData(Boolean onlyInitializeClosedWebParts)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.LoadWebParts()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.OnPageInitComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e)     at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)	2202ca9d-fa34-40d4-0c16-0af677ea990e
    01/11/2017 09:36:20.25 	w3wp.exe (0x1A2C)                       	0x0BB4	SharePoint Foundation         	Runtime                       	tkau	Unexpected	System.ArgumentException: The specified view is invalid.    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPViewCollection.get_Item(Guid guid)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListViewWebPart.EnsureListAndView(Boolean requireFullBlownViewSchema)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListViewWebPart.CreateWebPartPageComponent()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPart.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListViewWebPart.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartMobileAdapter.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)     at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartManager.WebPartManagerControlCollection.AddWebPartHelper(WebPart ...	2202ca9d-fa34-40d4-0c16-0af677ea990e
    01/11/2017 09:36:20.25*	w3wp.exe (0x1A2C)                       	0x0BB4	SharePoint Foundation         	Runtime                       	tkau	Unexpected	...webPart)     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartManager.WebPartManagerControlCollection.AddWebPart(WebPart webPart)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.AddWebPartWithRetry(WebPart webPart)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.CreateWebPartsFromRowSetData(Boolean onlyInitializeClosedWebParts)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.LoadWebParts()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.OnPageInitComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e)     at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)	2202ca9d-fa34-40d4-0c16-0af677ea990e
    01/11/2017 09:36:20.26 	w3wp.exe (0x1A2C)                       	0x0BB4	SharePoint Foundation         	General                       	ajlz0	High    	Getting Error Message for Exception System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.ArgumentException: The specified view is invalid.     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPViewCollection.get_Item(Guid guid)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListViewWebPart.EnsureListAndView(Boolean requireFullBlownViewSchema)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListViewWebPart.CreateWebPartPageComponent()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPart.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListViewWebPart.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartMobileAdapter.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)     at System.Web.UI.Control.A...	2202ca9d-fa34-40d4-0c16-0af677ea990e
    01/11/2017 09:36:20.26*	w3wp.exe (0x1A2C)                       	0x0BB4	SharePoint Foundation         	General                       	ajlz0	High    	...ddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartManager.WebPartManagerControlCollection.AddWebPartHelper(WebPart webPart)     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartManager.WebPartManagerControlCollection.AddWebPart(WebPart webPart)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.AddWebPartWithRetry(WebPart webPart)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.CreateWebPartsFromRowSetData(Boolean onlyInitializeClosedWebParts)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.LoadWebParts()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.OnPageInitComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e)     at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean inclu...	2202ca9d-fa34-40d4-0c16-0af677ea990e
    01/11/2017 09:36:20.26*	w3wp.exe (0x1A2C)                       	0x0BB4	SharePoint Foundation         	General                       	ajlz0	High    	...deStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)     at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)     at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()     at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)	2202ca9d-fa34-40d4-0c16-0af677ea990e
    01/11/2017 09:36:20.33 	w3wp.exe (0x1A2C)                       	0x0BB4	SharePoint Foundation         	General                       	g3qk	High    	[Forced due to logging gap, cached @ 01/11/2017 09:36:20.26, Original Level: Verbose] RelativeUrl = /mysite/_layouts/15/spcontnt.aspx	2202ca9d-fa34-40d4-0c16-0af677ea990e

• Edited by sp.user Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:13 PM
  • Also, if there is no way to fix it, is there a way I can use powershell to figure out which lists/libraries would have this problem?
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:02 PM
  • Hi,

Seems that some scripts in the list view page might get corrupted after the migration.

As a quick fix, if it is accepted by you, I would suggest you create new lists/libraries, transfer the items/files from these issued ones to the new ones.

The way of using PowerShell to find out the issued lists/libraries might not work. Because without opening each list/library in browser, the scripts on a page won’t run, the error won’t be threw out. I’m afraid that you might need to examine these pages one by one via browser.

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:27 AM