TypeError: Sys.Extended is undefined with Ajax Control Toolkit RRS feed

• Question

• User50461059 posted

Hello,

i have a poject where i installed the Toolkit via nuget. it was the version of june 2013. Everything was working fine. Now i have updated it to the current Version and it is not working anymore. I always get the error:

TypeError: Sys.Extended is undefined

My Controlkit Version is 71005

I tried also creating a new Project and add the toolkit but same problem. Even on blank pages with only one Textbox and a extender. I also tried it on a second Pc and created a new Project, but same effect.

Any Ideas?

Thanks a lot

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 8:27 AM

Answers

• User1414178881 posted

I've tried the latest version 71005 and it's working fine

I've created a new website,targeted .Net 4.0

Aspx page:

<ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptManager CombineScripts="True" runat="server" ID="ToolkitScriptManager1">
            </ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptManager>
            <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="txtDate"></asp:TextBox>
            <ajaxToolkit:CalendarExtender runat="server" ID="ceDate" TargetControlID="txtDate" />

Webconfig/Controls section :

<add tagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" />

Notice that I didn't add anything else,notice that I didn't set any properties for ToolkitScriptmanager,I didn't set CombineScript to true, and I didn't add any js files to my page.just a simple page.

So the issue deffinetly in your code,maybe the following tips can help to find the cause of the issue:

* Double check on your webconfig ,check if you're referencing the latest version of ajax toolkit not the older one

* Check on the output window after building your website,check if you have missing dlls related to ajax tookit.

* Add a blank page with just the html I provided above,then check if you still have issues

* If you still have issues so far try to start from scratch on a new solution,i.e create a new empty website,add ajaxtoolkit...etc

If you can post some code maybe me and others can help you further into identifying the issue

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:17 AM

All replies

• User1414178881 posted

I've tried the latest version 71005 and it's working fine

I've created a new website,targeted .Net 4.0

Aspx page:

<ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptManager CombineScripts="True" runat="server" ID="ToolkitScriptManager1">
            </ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptManager>
            <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="txtDate"></asp:TextBox>
            <ajaxToolkit:CalendarExtender runat="server" ID="ceDate" TargetControlID="txtDate" />

Webconfig/Controls section :

<add tagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" />

Notice that I didn't add anything else,notice that I didn't set any properties for ToolkitScriptmanager,I didn't set CombineScript to true, and I didn't add any js files to my page.just a simple page.

So the issue deffinetly in your code,maybe the following tips can help to find the cause of the issue:

* Double check on your webconfig ,check if you're referencing the latest version of ajax toolkit not the older one

* Check on the output window after building your website,check if you have missing dlls related to ajax tookit.

* Add a blank page with just the html I provided above,then check if you still have issues

* If you still have issues so far try to start from scratch on a new solution,i.e create a new empty website,add ajaxtoolkit...etc

If you can post some code maybe me and others can help you further into identifying the issue

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:17 AM
  • Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:03 AM