unable to find package Microsoft.NETCore.App.Runtime.browser-wasm RRS feed

• Question

• User-343630552 posted

I am getting an "unable to find package Microsoft.NETCore.App.Runtime.browser-wasm" error when trying to Build an AspNetCore 5.0.0 Blazor Wasm app using VS Community 2019 v16.8.3.  I haven't tried to Build this app since early December, but have in recent days created a new AspNetCore 3.2.1 Blazor Wasm app using the same VS.  The latter builds and runs successfully.

A search for this error indicates this package is not meant for direct consumption and I can't find anything else that's helpful.

Any idea how to get out of this?

Friday, January 1, 2021 11:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• User-2054057000 posted

Try installing this package and see if it solves your problem.

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.NETCore.App.Runtime.browser-wasm/

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, January 2, 2021 12:07 PM
  • User-343630552 posted

I tried installing that package previously (and now again), unsuccessfully.  Perhaps I am not doing it correctly.  In VS, I clicked Tools | NuGet Package Manager | Package Manager Console and then executed the Install-Package command that's at the link you provided.  The result was an "unable to find package" error with a Package Source of All. 

[I tried to include a screenshot of the Install error, but am at a loss on how to do that.]  I hope I'm not missing something obvious.

I remembered after getting your reply that I upgraded VS to 16.8.3 since the last successful Build if memory serves.  I think I was on 16.8.2 at the time of the upgrade.

Sunday, January 3, 2021 12:11 AM
  • User-2054057000 posted

[I tried to include a screenshot of the Install error, but am at a loss on how to do that.]  I hope I'm not missing something obvious.

Add the screenshot by uploading file to imgur then you put the image url on the image source box that comes on clicking the insert/image link.

Sunday, January 3, 2021 1:24 PM
  • User-343630552 posted

I tried the imgur approach before (and now again), but am not seeing the image in preview.  I am going to post to see if it shows up.  I am perplexed by the convoluted process required to simply add an image.  Other forums I use allow a simple drag/drop.

Not seeing the image here.  It is in imgur at the link I pasted into the source field of the image popup.  Very frustrating.

Here's the imgur link.  The "Package source" dropdown contains "Microsoft Visual Studio Offline Packages" and no other MS library.

Sunday, January 3, 2021 5:51 PM
  • User-2054057000 posted

Here's the imgur link.  The "Package source" dropdown contains "Microsoft Visual Studio Offline Packages" and no other MS library.

Right click on image and select copy image address and then add it to "Insert Edit Image" option. Like I did.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 5, 2021 6:05 AM
  • User-343630552 posted

Thanks for your help and hanging in there with me. 

Screenshot:  I had been copying the "Image Link" in Imgur, which didn't work when I pasted it into the insert-image input box..  I just tried copying the "Direct Link".  That worked.  I won't bother re-posting the image.

Package Source:  I was informed yesterday that my problem is that the Package Source in VS NuGet somehow no longer contained a reference to the full NuGet set of packages so I added a Package Source pointing at "api.nuget.org/v3/index.json."  That did the trick.  I am now able to successfully Build the app.

Tuesday, January 5, 2021 7:13 PM