none
Can Small Basic programs be exported to form the basis of more complex Visual Basic code? RRS feed

• Question

• Can Small Basic programs be exported to form the basis of more complex Visual Basic code?
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 8:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Walkey47,

Yes, you can export your smallbasic programs as a VB project which you can then extend using VB code.  The limitation is that you still need to use the smallbasiclibrary.dll library.

I'm not a VB programmer myself, so I can't give you specifics, but there is a basic overview on the wiki:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/16385.small-basic-curriculum-lesson-6-graduating-to-microsoft-visual-basic.aspx

Others on this forum can probably chime in with more detail or answer specific questions.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 2:53 AM
  • Welcome Walkey47 to this forum.

I wrote little bit about [Graduate] in this TechNet Wiki article.  The program created by [Graduate] has following properties:

• calling Small Basic libraries
    • using Primitive class for all variables

Nonki Takahashi

• Marked as answer by Walkey47 Friday, October 10, 2014 10:28 AM
    Friday, October 10, 2014 2:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Walkey47,

Yes, you can export your smallbasic programs as a VB project which you can then extend using VB code.  The limitation is that you still need to use the smallbasiclibrary.dll library.

I'm not a VB programmer myself, so I can't give you specifics, but there is a basic overview on the wiki:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/16385.small-basic-curriculum-lesson-6-graduating-to-microsoft-visual-basic.aspx

Others on this forum can probably chime in with more detail or answer specific questions.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 2:53 AM
  • Welcome Walkey47 to this forum.

I wrote little bit about [Graduate] in this TechNet Wiki article.  The program created by [Graduate] has following properties:

• calling Small Basic libraries
    • using Primitive class for all variables

Nonki Takahashi

• Marked as answer by Walkey47 Friday, October 10, 2014 10:28 AM
    Friday, October 10, 2014 2:50 AM